Profit Generator EA - page 36

Hi!

About backtests on tick data, I found visualchart giving ticks data (how long?) and it uses VB for coding. So while forward tests are running I will code PG in VB (maybe not all options first).

If you have any advice or tips about visualchart, please tell me. You can mail me ( jojolalpin@hotmail.com ) to not pollute this thread with other discussions.

If there is a well known station which allow easy backtests on ticks, tell me also.

I just don't want to pay for this (I'm still on a demo account)

Thanks for advance.

Jojo

WEll my results since mid october 2005. Very strange we get opposite results with same settings

Nicholishen:
Hmmm... I see the major difference is in the way the StopLoss and TP are calculated. Here are my results and a tweak to v3.1 to give more simular results. Check it out, and let me know how this goes for you. However, I do agree that backtesting is unreliable...
Files:

tdion:

Here are your pips from hypothetical trades:

23, -14, -10, 5, 33, 55, 11, -33, -22, -10, 84

In this case your lot sizes would be.....

1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 8, 16, 32

What we are doing is cancelling out all of your losses with a large win.

The net effect of this results in:

23 - 14 - 20 + 20 + 132 + 220 + 44 - 132 - 176 - 160 + 2688 =2625, an average of 239 pips a trade.

That Martingale strategy will kill your account easily.

Imagine the last trade returned -84 pips instead of 84.

You would be almost 3000 pips underwater and have to double lot size to 64.

Insane.

Are you trading this MM strategy for real?

You didn't read my previous post.... target for the CHF is 84 and stops are at -39.....

With GBP and EUR the target is 63 and stops at -29.....

These are parameters you would use to turn a 5K account into 900K in a year. Scale them lower for your own risk level.

What are the chances of not getting 63 pips within 10 or so trades? This system is very good and has performed well in my own backtesting.... but could be improved.

OK but -39*32= -1248 pips....Hard for the account.

I may use this when I have a 1M$ account because unless I won't stay for a long time as a trader. Or maybe you do not use leverage power.

tdion:
What are the chances of not getting 63 pips within 10 or so trades?

Big enough to occur at least 1 time.

And then your account is blown.

tdion:
On a 5K account that is a $461.76 hit.... Too risky for some but not for others.

Where did you get the $461.76 from?

After only 6 losing trades in a row you have to trade 64 lots!

-64*32= -2496 pips!

Way too much for a 5k account.

On a 5K account that is a $461.76 hit....

Consider the reality of this mm before thinking "your account is blown." It is highly improbable that you would be stopped out 7 times in a row.... and even if you were, your account is still in tact.

Yes it is too risky for some but not for others that want to a little money into a lot of money fast.

CPU @ 100% on new 3.1

Not sure anyone else is having this problem, I'm getting CPU @ 100% on new 3.1.

I've re-started the MT4 with 3.1 a few times over the 24hrs, but after a while, the same problem returns.

This is on FXDD MT4 all pairs loaded, the 2.1.7 is running all pairs with no problem.

Any Iders??

marlintrdg:
Not sure anyone else is having this problem, I'm getting CPU @ 100% on new 3.1.

I've re-started the MT4 with 3.1 a few times over the 24hrs, but after a while, the same problem returns.

This is on FXDD MT4 all pairs loaded, the 2.1.7 is running all pairs with no problem.

Any Iders??

Yes, same problem here. My PC is steaming