Profit Generator EA - page 29

elepoutre:
Could you please post again the exact version of the expert that we are all going to test. It is important that everybody works on the same expert.

Thank you

EMeric

The expert that everyone should be running is 2.7 which is found on post 1 HERE

Thank you for your support

Hendrick:
Hi HolyGuy,

First of all I have to say, I really appreciate all your hard work in developing this fine EA. I've seen a lot of EA's, but I think this one could be a winner! For myself I think it's time to go live with this EA. But as you understand I have to be careful with my money! I can afford to blow up an account of $ 500, but $ 5.000 is a different story (my wife will kill me!!).

So starting with a micro-account is the best solution I think. I remember CodersGuru once adapted one of his EA's for a micro-account (enclosed). Do you think it's possible to change ProfitGenerator with this code?

I will see if Nich can add that feature and a reverse feature to the EA. I think he has been on vacation so when he gets back, I think he will have no problem adding that feature in.

I am planning to go live with this EA after a little more testing. I just don't feel confortable with the results yet, but the M15 forward testing I did seemed very promising. I believe you should go with those if you want to go live. Just be careful and use mini-lots.

Thanks

holyguy7:
I have backtesting results that we need to test for next week and we have forward testing results that we need to continue to test. We need to test both for the following week. Here is a complied list of test settings for this EA.

As you can see, the M15 with longbar of 20 appears to have some success. Perhaps we need to examine why this is and perhaps improve on the results.

Forward Test Successes to be continued to be tested

EURJPY (M15)

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 60

Longbar: 20

AUDJPY (M15)

Take Profit: 40

GBPUSD (M15)

Take Profit: 50

USDCAD (M15)

Take Profit: 50

GBPJPY (M15)

Take Profit: 60

BackTesting Successes that need to be tested

EURUSD (H4) by holyguy7

Stoploss: 28

Take Profit: 13

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by taxiran

Take Profit: 10

Longbar: 15

Period: 60

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPUSD (H1)

Stoploss: 23

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 18

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDCHF (H4)

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 140

Longbar: 18

Timefilter ON 7-20

No Trailing Stop

EURJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 150

Longbar: 22

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 60

Take Profit: 110

Longbar: 28

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

CHFJPY (D1)

Stoploss: 50

Take Profit: 100

Longbar: 15

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

Hello holyguy7,

I have the above systems for forward testing next week on the FXDD platform.

You can monitor the realtime progress through the week at this URL:

http://www.thehobbystop.com/

NOTE: I was unable to add:

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by amckeen

Stoploss: 10

Longbar: 10

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

AND

No timefilter

Useclose: True

Trailing Stop: 5

Trailing Stop Activation: 17

Because it would require 6 more copies on MT4 to run. I read somewhere how to forward test the same pair with different setting on the same copy of MT4 but I can't find that post.

Please let me know it you would like any changes.

marlintrdg:
Hello holyguy7,

Thanks for setting up the url. It is indeed a great idea

Excellent Idea

marlintrdg:
Hello holyguy7,

NOTE: I was unable to add:

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

AND

No timefilter

Useclose: True

Trailing Stop: 5

Trailing Stop Activation: 17

Because it would require 6 more copies on MT4 to run. I read somewhere how to forward test the same pair with different setting on the same copy of MT4 but I can't find that post.

Please let me know it you would like any changes.

Thank and we all appreciate the idea. I am trying to set up the demos right now but interbank fx has been having some trouble with their demo servers all weekend long and I still can't set them up.

I want to use them because they are my live broker. I guess I will have to go with a different demo broker. Anybody have a list of IP addresses to different Metatrader 4 demo servers so I don't have to download a fresh copy, I would appreciate it.

This is frustrating.

marlintrdg:
I read somewhere how to forward test the same pair with different setting on the same copy of MT4 but I can't find that post.

Does anybody know how to use the MagicID to do this? I thought there was a way to do it as I believe that is how they forward test the EAs in the Elite section. A step by step instructions would be nice because I am kind of dumb.

Last week results

Attached is the results for 1 week on a 5k demo account trading:

1. GBPJPY M15 S/L30 TP60 Long Bar 20

2. EURJPY M15 S/L30 TP60 Long Bar 20

3. GBPUSD M15 S/L30 TP60 Long Bar 20

4. EURUSD H4 S/L50 TP40 Long Bar 16

The settings were taken from a previous post by Holyguy7 the week before and produced 26% profit. As long as these results are consistant this EA is a winner. jimmycash

holyguy7:
Does anybody know how to use the MagicID to do this? I thought there was a way to do it as I believe that is how they forward test the EAs in the Elite section. A step by step instructions would be nice because I am kind of dumb.

One easy way is to chage the following:

extern int ID = 1234; // Change this number if running more than one EA

Use different values for ID for each instance. Basically, it will assign different order numbers to the different orders placed by the different versions of the EA.

WOW>.. I must be tripping...

Maji

Maji:
One easy way is to chage the following:

extern int ID = 1234; // Change this number if running more than one EA

Use different values for ID for each instance. Basically, it will assign different order numbers to the different orders placed by the different versions of the EA.

WOW>.. I must be tripping...

Maji

That looks easy, but how does it showup on the statment? IE: how would we know what settings put the trade on in the statment?

Does that make sence??

Hi

anyone could mail me (jojolalpin@hotmail.com) an old build (where optimizer display correcly parameters) like 188?

Thanks.