Raw Ideas - page 32

HL Next activator

Can some1 plz tell me how to use this indicator?

Files:

MACD with alert?

Hi

Any1 has the MACD indicator with alert?

thnx

kevin

macd

kevmcfoster:
Hi

Any1 has the MACD indicator with alert?

thnx

kevin

try look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Cumulative trend indicator

I programmed many experts and indicators in MT4, some based on ideas expressed in this forum and others based on my own ideas. Let's be honest, none actually work on the long term. Some may generate impressive results over a few days, but fail on the longer term. All are also VERY sensitive to input parameters, so one has to monitor the indicator (and related expert) daily or better, trying to figure out what event triggers the performance.

No pun intended here. Just the fact that my ultimate goal was not satisfied (for the related expert):

- Consistently positive profit, even if small

- Relatively simple and autonomous behavior

- Easy to monitor performance

- Automatic disabling capability if the performance goes low for awhile and re-enabling it if it goes better

So, I stuck for a few month on the following KISS idea: Cumulate pips during an up or down trend, trying to avoid trend inversions. The trend indicator is not the most important element, but I took the Ergodic CCI for a start, as it seems rather stable. Non-lag MA or others should work also. Variations of this basic idea has been discussed already, but well, I just had to try it!

average_cumulative_trend.mq4

The indicator is called "Average Cumulative Trend". It plots the average number of pips-per-bar cumulated over a given period (typically 60 days), reproducing also uptrends, downtrends and trend inversions respectively in green, red and yellow. The MT4 snapshot shows the indicator applied to GBPUSD with as a result an ideal 16 pips average income per bar. This takes into account spread loss. The periodicity is daily. Don't look at the opened and closed orders, this is garbage. I'll copy a better snapshot later on with active trading on a demo account.

I have of course an expert behind this, with additonal controls on orders:

- Lag on order opening, to place orders a few minutes after a new bar was opened (input parameter)

- Programmed S/L and T/P (input parameters)

- Re-open an order in the same bar after a T/P, but not if the bar is about to close (input parameter)

- Wait until the current bar trend is the same as the Ergodic CCI

I'm still trying to match the ideal pips income of the indicator and the expert. Yeah, the pessimistics will say that's where it fails. Not really: I've got periods with similar performance, but it's just the beginning: Every time I program a control on orders in the expert (see above), there is a new event that destroys the expected performance. Wait and see... I will not publish the expert before I'm satisfied with it. In the meantime just use the indicator, if interested.

--Claudio

Are there any programmers out there who have an answer to this problem???

Can a Script do a History Check?

I have an ea that i was working on building. As I was working on it, I came across an idea which involves the calculation of historical data of a signal, (buy or sell), including potential profit and loss, (how far the market moved in either direction), and if applicable, any delay reactions and time span of the delay, (if a movement in the market occurred, but only responded to the signal after it had already occurred), and numbers of how many times the signal occurs. An example of a something I would test is a MACD signal I was using, in a quick coding example...

double MACDSIGNAL = iMACD(NULL,0,MACDPERIOD1,MACDPERIOD2,MACDSMA,MODE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,1);

double EMA = iMA(NULL,0,MACDPERIOD1,1,MODE_EMA,MODE_CLOSE,1);

double EMA1 = iMA(NULL,0,MACDPERIOD1,1,MODE_EMA,MODE_CLOSE,3);

if (MACDSIGNAL > (0 + 25*Point) && EMA > EMA1)

{

MACDBSIGNAL = True;

}

if (MACDSIGNAL < (0 - 25*Point) && EMA < EMA1)

{

MACDSELLSIGNAL = True;

}

I was recently reading through Codersguru's script lesson because I thought about using a script to make a file with which I can read through in an ea to use historical data that has been collected.

From what i understand, and this may just be a misconception, scripts are just a current-moment decision maker. I haven't seen anything in any reference that could convince me that I can have it look at the chart and go to the beginning and continue to the end to make decisions.

Question 1. Can what I am attempting be done through a script and if so, how?

Question 2. If not, what would anyone recommend to accomplish the task, just be prepared to back up your answer because I have to admit I will ask for a backed-up answer.

Question 3. For extra credit, lol, if I have a total and complete mis-conception of what a script is supposed to do, please please please correct my course, I do not pretend to have much of an understanding in this matter, I'm just wanting to solve a problem without running an expert adviser for a long enough period of time to get results that are acceptable to make trading decisions.

I've also attached the script I have so far, not like there's much to it. I've had absolutely no idea of how to go about doing more to my goal than starting the beginning line by adding in the symbol and time frame as a side note of reference. Not to mention I'm haveing some "String" Issues

Files:

swing trading system

anyone here would like to share their swing trading system here..actually i'm new in the 'world of forex'... thanks

Trend Line Action and Reaction

Haii All,

How about this system. I only using the trendline action and reaction so we can predict where the price will go! to exit i using Fibo, but i'm not sure! For Complete Explanation about this system. Just following this site!

http://www.forex-online2u.co.nr/strategy/trendline.html

or

http://forex-online.ifastnet.com/strategy/trendline.html

Thanx for suggest from you!

TSR (Trend Slope retracement)

Hi All,

I think this is a very interesting system to try on! But I am not sure how to use it. Any advise. Thanks.

yyc196