Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 936

justin7:
I read a post somewhere about changing the calculation of bars from close instead changed to open. Does this help with mtf calculations? and possibly not as much repainting?

justin7

Using open will always prevent changing the current bar state

But some indicators (like stochastic, adx, ... ) simply can not use just one price. And always count on the fact that using open price will automatically make it lag one bar (but that might not be a bad decision, since it is the usual way how EAs are using signals on a closed bar to avoid false signals, for example)

mladen:
justin7

Using open will always prevent changing the current bar state

But some indicators (like stochastic, adx, ... ) simply can not use just one price. And always count on the fact that using open price will automatically make it lag one bar (but that might not be a bad decision, since it is the usual way how EAs are using signals on a closed bar to avoid false signals, for example)

I can probably deal with lag better than I can with repainting

Hi Mladen if you could please make this "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" MTF also if U could make an option to turn the arrow on and off it would be great.

Also this "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" I think there is a problem, it cause my MT4 slow down a lot, could you check?

Thank you very much

Regards,

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4mtf_stochastic_alert_v.2.mq4

jobudi888:
Hi Mladen if you could please make this "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" MTF also if U could make an option to turn the arrow on and off it would be great.

Also this "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" I think there is a problem, it cause my MT4 slow down a lot, could you check?

Thank you very much

Regards,

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4mtf_stochastic_alert_v.2.mq4

About "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" : use any stochastic that sends an alert on signal cross. That indicator would need so much rewriting that, after all that done would look just like any correctly stochastic to signal cross indicator

Dear Mr Mladen and Mr Tools

could you please turn this into an MTF

Thank you in advance

Files:
agtsnil.mq4  4 kb

eightball:
Dear Mr Mladen and Mr Tools

could you please turn this into an MTF

Thank you in advance

Eightball would need the original source code, the version posted is a decompiled version.

mladen:
About "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" : use any stochastic that sends an alert on signal cross. That indicator would need so much rewriting that, after all that done would look just like any correctly stochastic to signal cross indicator

OK, Thanks

What about the "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" could you make it an MTF?

With option to turn the arrow on and off?

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4

Regards,

jobudi888:
OK, Thanks

What about the "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" could you make it an MTF?

With option to turn the arrow on and off?

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4

Regards,

Jobudi888, there is a mtf version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page664 with alert options but without arrows.

hello,

in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indicator there is no input column for putting numbers so we need to use default settings only.

for example in macd indicator there is fast EMA-12, Slow EMA and signal EMA input columns that we can change according to our wish and use multiple settings of indicators on same chart.

can someone add input column in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indiator also so that it can be changed to our wish.

here is attached indicators below.

stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

stlm_hist.mq4

and thanks for previous reply .

brijeshsinh:
hello,

in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indicator there is no input column for putting numbers so we need to use default settings only.

for example in macd indicator there is fast EMA-12, Slow EMA and signal EMA input columns that we can change according to our wish and use multiple settings of indicators on same chart.

can someone add input column in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indiator also so that it can be changed to our wish.

here is attached indicators below.

stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

stlm_hist.mq4

and thanks for previous reply .

STLM does not have a period for calculating (see the code and yo shall see how it is calculated). As a kind of digital filter, STLM does not have that period and it can not be added the way you are used when it come to moving averages (since digital filters and moving averages are calculated the different way)