Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 504

jack234:
Is it possible to convert to MTF ,this is a non repainting trend indicator ,Thanks

"megatrend" is actually a renamed Gann high low activator (or sometimes called ssl) made as histogram version. You can find quite a few correctly coded multi tame frame version of either Gann high low activator (or SSL)

mladen:
Marco They are completely different things (Syvain Vervoorts inverse fisher transform of RSI is a "single indicator", metatader 5 indicator is actually showing signals from rsi, stochastic and accelerator oscillator)

Dear MLaden,

Thx for the reply. Indeed they are different but with an overlay function it could be a nice pair. Do you think it is possible to convert the indi to MT4? Or do you know if this is available elsewhere because I cannot find it.

Thx in advantage for the help.

Regards Marco

mladen,

So I tried to build an MTF version, per your suggestion below, by creating 4 instances of the indy, altering almostUniqueIndex as Instance1, 2, 3 and 4 each time. Varied the horizontalOffset and SetIndexShift to place the 4 instances of M1, M5, M15 and M30 displays in the same (lower) window as in pic.

The vertical diagram that you built actually takes a lot of space and is hard to read... so I prefer same window display.

Problem: The table only appears for M1 and the charts expand left to overlap.

Any tips? Attaching mql4 for Instance 2 (M5.)

Regards,

Athar.

mladen:
atharmian

As far as speed is concerned, it is using multiple symbols and you can not speed it up when it is trying to collect data from all the symbols it should

As far as drawing is concerned and as far as labels and multiple instances are concerned this one more or less solves it (it uses liner interpolation for drawing it - if you want the "step like" look you have to rewrite the indicator to work differently)

PS : to allow multiple instances, set the "almostUniqueIndex" to unique value for each new instance you attach to the same chart

Dear Mr. Tools,Please, attached is the Elliot Wave oscillator you made and posted in something interesting thread.Could you help make it an MTF arrow Oscillator. I appreciate your work here with Mr. MladenThanks in advance.Okoli

Dear Mr. Tools,

Please, the attached indicator is an Elliot wave arrow oscillator you made and posted in Something interesting thread.

Kindly help make it an MTF arrow indicator.

I appreciate all your efforts here with Mr. Mladen.

Thank you in anticipation of your positive response.

Okoli

okoli:
Dear Mr. Tools,

Please, the attached indicator is an Elliot wave arrow oscillator you made and posted in Something interesting thread.

Kindly help make it an MTF arrow indicator.

I appreciate all your efforts here with Mr. Mladen.

Thank you in anticipation of your positive response.

Okoli

Hello Okoli, made it mtf.

The problem appears to be SetIndexShift with the chart expanding left- the old bars are not being removed, and the new bars formed stay in place pushing old bars to the left. MQL4 is a curse...bad documentation and just weird code.

But then I still need a way to shift charts for MTF display !

Can ANYBODY help me here ?

Athar.

atharmian:
mladen,

So I tried to build an MTF version, per your suggestion below, by creating 4 instances of the indy, altering almostUniqueIndex as Instance1, 2, 3 and 4 each time. Varied the horizontalOffset and SetIndexShift to place the 4 instances of M1, M5, M15 and M30 displays in the same (lower) window as in pic.

The vertical diagram that you built actually takes a lot of space and is hard to read... so I prefer same window display.

Problem: The table only appears for M1 and the charts expand left to overlap.

Any tips? Attaching mql4 for Instance 2 (M5.)

Regards,

Athar.

Really, it is a problem that old line chart is not being deleted beyond the specified no of bars (MaxBars=20 here.) Nothing to do with SetIndexShift ...

Need help !

Athar.

atharmian:
The problem appears to be SetIndexShift with the chart expanding left- the old bars are not being removed, and the new bars formed stay in place pushing old bars to the left. MQL4 is a curse...bad documentation and just weird code.

But then I still need a way to shift charts for MTF display !

Can ANYBODY help me here ?

Athar.

thank u very much super moderator sir../

atharmian:
Really, it is a problem that old line chart is not being deleted beyond the specified no of bars (MaxBars=20 here.) Nothing to do with SetIndexShift ...

Need help !

Athar.

Did you try with SetIndexDrawBegin(buffer No,Bars-20) - before the final return(0) of the start function?