Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 913

mladen:
Here is the multi time frame version (it needs the ClearMethod indicator from the above post to work OK) : clearmethodcandles1_mtf.mq4

Hi,

Mladen could you please also do the mtf for the ClearMethod.mq4?

clearmethod.mq4

Files:

rplust:
Hi,

Mladen could you please also do the mtf for the ClearMethod.mq4?

clearmethod.mq4

rplust

It will need to be rewritten first

mladen:
This might help when it comes how to use fractals : A Trader's Guide To Using Fractals

dearest MLADEN

so much thanks for your kind concerning,great

a question,dear krelian warn me to be ware of MTF vers of indies,as they recalculates last 5 bars back when applied M5 mtf indi to M1 TF.is it means REPAINTING ?

mntiwana:
dearest MLADEN

so much thanks for your kind concerning,great

a question,dear krelian warn me to be ware of MTF vers of indies,as they recalculates last 5 bars back when applied M5 mtf indi to M1 TF.is it means REPAINTING ?

mntiwana

Multi time frame indicators must update all the lower time frame bars that belong to the higher time frame bar (to have the same value). It is not considered a repainting but a normal way how multi time frame indicators must work (that is why they have that "step like" look - one step - all the bars of the current time frame belonging to the higher time frame bar)

Some indicators allow you to use what I call a "naive multi time frame" (not in a bad sense of the word). For example, Alexander Elder used moving averages in the following way : let say that your chart is 15 minute and you are using 10 period simple moving average. To see 1 hour sma, multiply the periods by 4 (since there are 4 15 minute bars per 1 hour bar) and set the period of average to 40.

That is an approximation, but can be used like that too. Not all indicators can be used that way (let say 10% can) and if you are looking after exact values, you are almost never going to get exactly the same values (even with the simplest ma) but try it out

So, no, it is not repainting. That is simply multi time framing

dearest MLADEN

thank you for the detailed explanation regarding repainting doubts about MTF indies at post # 9132

we learner always needs and find best knowledge from your every bit of word

and welcome to the smily face at the end you print,you are always kind with opened heart,

regards.

dear TALAATE.thank you for your concerns also,

your sincere

mntiwana

mladen:
mntiwana

Multi time frame indicators must update all the lower time frame bars that belong to the higher time frame bar (to have the same value). It is not considered a repainting but a normal way how multi time frame indicators must work (that is why they have that "step like" look - one step - all the bars of the current time frame belonging to the higher time frame bar)

Some indicators allow you to use what I call a "naive multi time frame" (not in a bad sense of the word). For example, Alexander Elder used moving averages in the following way : let say that your chart is 15 minute and you are using 10 period simple moving average. To see 1 hour sma, multiply the periods by 4 (since there are 4 15 minute bars per 1 hour bar) and set the period of average to 40.

That is an approximation, but can be used like that too. Not all indicators can be used that way (let say 10% can) and if you are looking after exact values, you are almost never going to get exactly the same values (even with the simplest ma) but try it out

So, no, it is not repainting. That is simply multi time framing

That was very good explanation and very clear answer for good question, however, I think this problem (if we can say it is) for most of good MTF indicators that supported by arrows, are solved by brilliant idea of "ArrowOnFirstBar" function. The real problem is arisen for 4-bar MTF indicators, so I wonder if in this case the blocks of lower time of the higher one can be colored by different color (not red and/or blue if they are used for signaling) say black and once the higher time finished, they (blocks) colored by what suppose to be (i.e. red or blue).

Happy Easter for all

Multi time frame multi pair dtosc posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page30

Files:
mp_dtosc.gif  84 kb

talaate:
That was very good explanation and very clear answer for good question, however, I think this problem (if we can say it is) for most of good MTF indicators that supported by arrows, are solved by brilliant idea of "ArrowOnFirstBar" function. The real problem is arisen for 4-bar MTF indicators, so I wonder if in this case the blocks of lower time of the higher one can be colored by different color (not red and/or blue if they are used for signaling) say black and once the higher time finished, they (blocks) colored by what suppose to be (i.e. red or blue). Happy Easter for all

You are probably right, but with the arrows on the first bar you get an impression that the indicator repaints (since it has to "move" the arrow on each lower time frame new bar formation.

So each solution has its pros and cons.

In my opinion we should simple treat it as is : as a multi time frame indicator(s). Once when we are aware how multi time frame indicators work, the rest is a matter of technique what are we going to use the higher time frame indicator for (I usually use it to find out the trend, not for signal - for entry and exit signals I use lower time frames in a normal (non-multi time frame) mode).

Just some thoughts of mine

mladen:
You are probably right, but with the arrows on the first bar you get an impression that the indicator repaints (since it has to "move" the arrow on each lower time frame new bar formation.

So each solution has its pros and cons.

In my opinion we should simple treat it as is : as a multi time frame indicator(s). Once when we are aware how multi time frame indicators work, the rest is a matter of technique what are we going to use the higher time frame indicator for (I usually use it to find out the trend, not for signal - for entry and exit signals I use lower time frames in a normal (non-multi time frame) mode).

Just some thoughts of mine

Dear Mladen

First I actually always put arrowonfirstbar = false, never true, so I decide after the higher time spent

second: Yes Mladen, I am doing exactly like you are doing in the last part of your post. In fact, I am trading M15 chart, so I am using advanced forecaster 2.07 at H1 for trending and sometimes at D1 for specific trading and two step_stochastic indicators (one M15 +other is M30 or H1 also arrowonfirstbar = false) and with different setting than default depending on the kind of trading, + averages & confidence band (not default setting) + step Ma PDF (also not default stetting) and it work great with me up to now.

I have to say that step_stochastic indicator is very unique indicator if one can use proper setting for each pair including oil and Au and Ag and so on.

Also trend signal_aerts mtf indicator is really very good indicator with some symbols like uk100 and Germany 30 and others ( of course depending on the account balance) and I also used it by arrowonfirstbar = false.

For me today is off happy Easter

most respectable MLADEN

thank you for giving some of your opinions about your trading methodology,so kinds.

and dear TALAATE ,thank you also for same reasons,i am learning key notes from your books (head).

if you really like step stoch indi,what you advise about aNINA-v1 and NINA step MA1 custom3s,picture is under here.

regards

mntiwana