Price Patterns(Gartley,Butterfly,Bat,...) - page 15

I'm going to ask for a little guidance here if I can because I don't find this at all easy to setup. I've read the ZUPInstructions.pdf and I've downloaded ZUP_v69.rar. I have placed ZUP onto my chart and I can see quite a lot of information.

Could I ask, what patterns are bodly shown by ZUP? I can see the Gartley appear as 2 blue triangles but are there others that ZUP will find such as the crab, butterfly etc? Does the ZUP indicator show patterns that are developing on several timeframes or just the current chart timeframe?

Could someone please explain the ZUP settings to me. I can't make sense of the translation in the instructions - sorry, I have really tried.

On my chart I have:-

67.tpl template

ZUP_v69 indicator

Is this the right setup?

line thickness request (forward to nen)

Poruchik,

Thanks for forwarding ZUP v 69 from 'nen' in Russian forum.

I have 1 programming modification request.

Pls forward this msg to nen.

Using Control-F to search for line in MetaEditor type "ExtColorRangeForPointD"

extern color ExtColorRangeForPointD = Red;

How can 'nen' modify red box line thickness=2 or more ?

TY so much!

PIPe PIPPer - Use this line of code in the indicator:- ObjectSet(nameObj, OBJPROP_WIDTH, x); (where x = 1 to 5) 5 being the thickest width avalable

Modify the code by placing a new line feed after line 5470. Copy the code in my previous post and paste it into the indicator code. Recompile the code.

hi there, how do we get the fully formed gartley and pesavento patterns to draw like previous versions of ZUP6xx? In Zup69 they are not set to default like in previous versions.

I could not download that indictator,why?

The PIPe PIPer ZUP for english users Say nen here

ZUP for english users - Onix

nen"It is possible to change color also as well as any other parameter of the indicator.

Ctrl-I -> select indicator -> Edit"

mezarashii:
hi there, how do we get the fully formed gartley and pesavento patterns to draw like previous versions of ZUP6xx? In Zup69 they are not set to default like in previous versions.

mezarashii,

I installed ZUP_v69 on my chart with no changes in settings and it worked. See screen shot. I don't think pesavento and gartley settings were changed this version. I say this because I did a text comparison with ZUP_x67.

It is likely that there are no patterns for the currency pair and timeframe you are using.

Try changing the maxBarToD setting to say 30, 60 or 100. I think this will keep old patterns on the charts longer, and cause indicator to look for bigger patterns.

WRR

Files:
-_1.jpg  139 kb

WRR:
mezarashii,

I installed ZUP_v69 on my chart with no changes in settings and it worked. See screen shot. I don't think pesavento and gartley settings were changed this version. I say this because I did a text comparison with ZUP_x67.

It is likely that there are no patterns for the currency pair and timeframe you are using.

Try changing the maxBarToD setting to say 30, 60 or 100. I think this will keep old patterns on the charts longer, and cause indicator to look for bigger patterns.

WRR

yes, this did the trick, thanks for making that clear.

so my question is, do the improvements made to this amazing indicator actually make the pattern recognition better or are they already correct?

meza