Discussion - page 37

Thank you.

FutureMillionaire?:
Then perhaps, if an EA is so Broker critical, the Broker, that the author used when delveloping his EA, should be listed alongside the EA file.

Oh, and what a difference it makes....

Today, my StepMAExpert_v1.45 traded. Just look at the difference.....

FutureMillionaire?:
Just look at the difference.....

... and Alpari kept the last trade open. (Just look at the last trades - I've had this one running for a while)

I did try to upload this earlier, but there seems to have been problems with the website.

Since I created this statement, Alpari closed the last trade at -9.00

Files:

FutureMillionaire?:
Oh, and what a difference it makes.... Today, my StepMAExpert_v1.45 traded. Just look at the difference.....

My statement with Fibo Group is identical with yours.

Statement with Alpari is slightly different compare with Fibo Group.

As to IBFX so IBFX is have very very different data feed so it should be very different on IBFX.

Files:

Just re-read my posts where we are talking about which brokers are having similar data and which ones not.

Why they are having different data?No idea. Some people said that some brokers (Rusian Alpar, NF and Fibo Group) are filtering the data. Some brokers (Neuimex for example) not.

One year ago I opened demo with Neuimex and opened sell and buy orders with 12 or 20 pips distance between each other almost simultaniuosly. And all two orders were closed in profit! In Neuimex broker. But price did not even moved in Russian Alpri in that time.

And I remember when Scalp_net_1.2 was opened buy on Alpari and sell on IBFX on the same time: the same settings, the same EA and the same timeframe.

IBFX data is very different.

Different ... but which is better for EA trading? Who knows? That's why it would be logical to know which broker the authors were using when they created their EAs in the first place.

FutureMillionaire?:
I've noticed another difference...

On the current (StepMAExpert_v1.45) trade, with a 5000 opening balance,

Fibo is showing...

Balance 5000 Equity 5034.88 Margin 193.86

Free Margin 4841.02 Margin level 2597.17%

Interbank is showing...

Balance 5000 Equity 5034.88 Margin 100.00

Free Margin 4934.88 Margin level 5034.88%

Could someone explain this to me please? And why the difference?

I'm still hoping someone can explain these Margin figures to me. I'm completely confused by them.

Is there a profitable EA other than a martingale type EA?

Hi,

I joined this forum to see if there are any profitable EA's that work off metatrader. Every EA I see being tested with decent results is a martingale type strategy. Are there any EA's I can follow and live test that are regular trading methods, or a combination of regular trading methods, with strict risk parameters involved, EA's that utilize stops and money management? I dont want an EA I have to marry and if i dont then I face the potential of the whole acct being blown out in a day or a week. Any suggestions will be much apppreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

forexmentorprogram:
Hi,

I joined this forum to see if there are any profitable EA's that work off metatrader. Every EA I see being tested with decent results is a martingale type strategy. Are there any EA's I can follow and live test that are regular trading methods, or a combination of regular trading methods, with strict risk parameters involved, EA's that utilize stops and money management? I dont want an EA I have to marry and if i dont then I face the potential of the whole acct being blown out in a day or a week. Any suggestions will be much apppreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

From my perspective, you see primarily a lot of martingale style EA's around for several reasons.

- New developer/traders usually encounter these first and study them to learn coding in MQL. The logic is pretty straightforward and this type of ea is usually the blueprint for everyone's own take on the strategy via customizations.

- It's very difficult to program a profitable ea that uses traditional technical analysis because quite frankly, the markets are chameleons and snakes that throw down a lot of tricks and curveballs that wreck such ea's. You're almost better trading manually using old school techniques and playing it subjectively by feel. Therefore, a lot of developers that want automated trading resort to coding trick schemes and things like grids and straddles in order to try and trap the price action...martingale strategies often play into this mold.

- Martingale strategies can be profitable, especially when using countertrend techniques because the markets are contrary to what traditional signals using traditional indicators lead us to believe. The caveat is that proper leverage sizing needs to be used and safety nets need to be built in to protect from those huge moves that blow past the final lot progressions. To date, little has been developed in the safety net department. The other problem is that a lot of newbies unknowingly get excited over glowing backtest reports and get quickly destroyed because they think a $2K account is going to balloon into $100K in a matter of months.

- I know that there are some very high-end EA's out there being used privately that costed a bundle to develop and are horribly complex and probably very profitable, but you're not going to find them floating around a public forum. I doubt that the big players out there doing machine trading are even using something like Metatrader...they've probably written custom apps in C++ that deal directly through an ECN.

Bluto,

Thanks for the very good response. Although I am not a programmer, I agree with what you have said almost exactly. It amazes me of the different results seen on different EA's using different brokers. Most brokers are within a few pips of each other and if there not, they need to match up after time or there would be arbitrage opportunities. Actuallly sometimes there is, but thats a whole nother thread in order to discuss that.

Now as far as I can see it, one would have to think of why there are different results from different brokers and what could a broker do to totally throw off an EA's results???

If its based on pivots, maybe change the timeframe on the platform? I dont really know if this happens, but i was thinking in the terms of what could someone do. If its based on another method, maybe throw price spikes into the data? Reguotes that throw off a system/method? Freezing the data feed? I have seen things even crazier than what I am mentioning from brokers based and registered in the US, nevermind sending money to overseas brokers, thats even riskier than investing in forex, lol. Im no expert at EA's, just some thoughts I had in mind.

Thanks,

Mike