Scalp_net - page 47

Fabio1:
Hi All,

I tried to modify Scalp Net 1.5 including a new filter Cycle_KROUFR at higher TF (i.e. H1).

Basically the idea is to let Scalp Net enter the trade only if the cycle at higher TF has the same direction ;-)

The problem is that , as I coded, the Cycle Kroufr give me alawys values 0 or 100

Could somebody help me ? I attach the fileter and my code

Could you try this version Cycle_KROUFR wasn't for 5 digits, might have been the problem! Can't test here not by strategy tester, so please let me know if it works or not.

Scalp Net 1.5 modification

Hi Mr Tools,

thanks a lot for the help, but trying your version with strategy tester the problem remain the same (i.e. it gives always the value 0 or 100

The problem must be somewhere else I think ;-)

Fabio

Still in use?

I am new to this site, so forgive me if this is available somewhere. I would not post here without trying to find the answer myself first.

I have been working with v`1.3.2_tf for several days now in both numerous back-testing/optimization scenarios and also in a couple of walk-forward tests. I am well-aware that back-testing is not a holy grail and that a few days of forward testing means nothing. *But* I have had consistently positive results with this EA and note that it is at the top of the list of all-time results.

I have two scenarios that I am working with, both using mini EURUSD. The first is the default settings, the second is with optimized back-testing settings. The default settings produce a profit. The optimized settings produce a much nicer profit. Both have done well in forward testing.

In addition, I did some clean-up of the code to improve readability and eliminate wasted cycles to reduce back-testing optimization time. I'd be happy to share both if anyone is interested.

bagoomba:
I am new to this site, so forgive me if this is available somewhere. I would not post here without trying to find the answer myself first.

I have been working with v`1.3.2_tf for several days now in both numerous back-testing/optimization scenarios and also in a couple of walk-forward tests. I am well-aware that back-testing is not a holy grail and that a few days of forward testing means nothing. *But* I have had consistently positive results with this EA and note that it is at the top of the list of all-time results.

I have two scenarios that I am working with, both using mini EURUSD. The first is the default settings, the second is with optimized back-testing settings. The default settings produce a profit. The optimized settings produce a much nicer profit. Both have done well in forward testing.

In addition, I did some clean-up of the code to improve readability and eliminate wasted cycles to reduce back-testing optimization time. I'd be happy to share both if anyone is interested.

I'm interested!

Happy ti hear that

me 2

intersted

bagoomba:
I'd be happy to share both if anyone is interested.

I would be interested too. Thanks.

Scalp_net 1.3.3

3 files attached:

Scalp_net_1.3.3_tf.mq4

Cleaned up and optimized the code. No functional changes. Not sure what the conventions are here, but I thought a new minor version was appropriate to differentiate it from the original in case some issues arose.

scalp_net_v1.3.3_tf.tpl

A template which includes the indicators and settings used in the EA. I only use this for a general sense of things. Because of the way the EA works, it would be more useful to have an indicator that shows how the EA views the indicators. If this EA pans out, I will likely write this one for my own purposes- but not right now.

scalp_net_v1.3.3_tf.set

The modified presets for the EA. These are settings that I came up with after back-testing and optimization. The EA wins on an amazing frequency, but the default SL and TP levels seemed more generous than I have a stomach for, and these gave me better results with the data I have anyway.

I also included my back-testing report so you know what I am working with and can evaluate accordingly. I have roughly 9 months of data. I desire no more than that simply because there have been such huge rule changes this year that anything before the current environment is not a true test, IMHO.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. PLEASE REVIEW AND CRITIQUE! I have no pride here and would greatly appreciate your thoughts and feedback on any of this as it will either help me make more or lose less.

Regards.

Scalp_net 1.3.3 work on 5digit broker

Hi

Do we need to change the settings for a 5 digit broker ?

Thanks

Yes, you would need to change the settings. You may also want to refer back to the thread for info on 5-digit brokers as I believe v1.5 was intended for that scenario. Because of the way the EA works I could see how this version would have different (not necessarily better) results with 5-digit pricing.

Best of luck. Let me know how it works for you.

scalp net 1.5 help

I have had scalp net v1.5 running on a demo account with Alpari UK for about a month now and it is doing well and working fine.

A couple of weeks ago I set it up on a MF Global demo to see how it did with my own broker and now it doesn't make any trades. The Alpari account is still running and making trades.

This is a mini account so I am using scalp net v1.5 mini but still no trades.

Anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

The currency symbols all have "mfu" after them. I assume the "m" is for mini, not sure what the "fu" is for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks