Scalp_net - page 46

This EA pulverizes my accounts, concerning the 100 point stop limits. Could you favor Pivot Points in this EA, please? It'll be all in good cause, possible even fair average quality!

Scalp net 1.5 backtesting

chris_swiss:
Scalp_net Report: 2009.08.19

I did some backtesting , only on EURUSD pair, starting from Jan 2009 till today sept 19th.

The results are not encouraging at all .

Also I tried to perform some optimization playng on trailing stop and take profit, but the optimizer did give me any result .

Can somebody tell me what's i'm doing wrong ?

Chris,

are using scalpnet 1.5 without time filter or with time filter ?

May be the best is to let run it on different currencies to diversify and then the results are more encouraging ??

I do not know anymore what's to think about this EA

Cheers

Fabio

I am forward testing it for many month and results are good.

So, it may be the backtesting is different from forward testing, or you are usig 4 digit version with 5 digit broker, or something more ...

Sorry, I am not going to change anything with this EA as it is trading good for EURUSD M5.

You can see - it is without timefilter (forward testing):

and it is with timefilter (forward testing as well):

It is in pips, fixed lot size, no hedge and no martingale, trading in accurate way.

Many EAs are having different performance with backtesting and forward testing. May be this Scalp_net is different. Besides, as I know that this EA is performing differently with differet broker. I am using Alpari rus so to have same performance - use RAS (it is free for elite members).

This EA is trading good so I am not suggesting to change anything. Besides, backtesting results can not be compare with forward testing in most of the cases.

Of course, if I am not changing the settings (I attached EA to the chart and never de-attached since 2006), and if it is EMA crossing EA - so we all understand that performance can not be stable for many years.

And you can see that this EA did not increase the profit in 2006 (started with 300 and finished the year with 224).

But anyway - it is profitable: simple system with fixed lot size, reasonable stop loss and without any complicated modern features -profitable.

I traded it with EURJPY as well but I stopped - I hadn't the patience. Because it is really difficult to forward test EAs for many many months just to understand which broker to use and which profit to expect ...

And no any backtesting will give this knowledge to us.

Forward testing only.

Because you know ...

If some system can increase the deposit by 2 times for 1 year - it is really very good results.

If your deposit is big

If I have 1,000 dollars and in the end of the year I will have 2,000 dollars ...

But if someone has 50,000 and in the end of the year he will have 100,000 dollars ...

same - by 2 times.

But money is different, same with real life - if you have big money so you may have good profit ... but if I have nothing so my "nothing" will be increased by 2 times with "double nothing" ...

That is why many traders are using martingale EA ...

But it is something about illusions in forex.

Alpari rus data is similar with Alpari UK so you can use Alpari UK. IBFX broker is having very different data so if you are using IBFX or some other broker, or ECN broker, or Broco for example - use RAS service - it is free for elite members and it is same by performance.

In this case my performance will be your performance (just few pips different).

I took data from the graph on above post from excel files.

Those files are updated weekly on the first post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

I attached this EA to the chart in 2006 and all I am doing - posting the statements.

So, in the beginning of 2007 - it was 224, in the end it was 600. In the end of 2008 it was 935 (from 600 to 935), and for this 2009 year it was increased from 935 to 2112.

So, what to change?

Deposit was increased by 3 times in 2007, and it was increased by 1.5 times for 2008, and it was increased in 2 times for this year ... from 224 to 2112 for the almost 3 years using fix lot size (0.1 lot size).

It is 4 digit pips and 1 point in this case = 1 dollar for EURUSD (because of 4 digit pips).

It is forward testing. I mean: trading. Not backtesting.

newdigital:
Because you know ...

If some system can increase the deposit by 2 times for 1 year - it is really very good results.

If your deposit is big

If I have 1,000 dollars and in the end of the year I will have 2,000 dollars ...

But if someone has 50,000 and in the end of the year he will have 100,000 dollars ...

same - by 2 times.

But money is different, same with real life - if you have big money so you may have good profit ... but if I have nothing so my "nothing" will be increased by 2 times with "double nothing" ...

That is why many traders are using martingale EA ...

But it is something about illusions in forex.

Hi newdigital,

I'm fully with you .

I perfectly agree that forward testing is trading while backtesting is something related to the past tha's it. But it gives you some performance behavior for your EA , thus you can decide to go live or not with it.

I'm very honest , since I joined TSD forum I trusted completely the update you did on Elite section regarding Scalpnet (I love trading EURUSD pair).

In fact I demo scalp net 1.5 for 1 week with fantastic results and then I went live (with my small account) on Alpari UK the 31st Augustus 2009 . The first 2 weeks it was winning a bit and this last week it lost . I have to say that in somehow I was babysitting him , specially in the last week, otherwise the losses were bigger .

Yesterday I downloaded data from Alpari UK for EURUSD and I performed a back testing . Starting with a deposit of 2000 $ on Jan. 1st 2009, it ended with 2290 on Sept. 19th . I agree still profitable , but if you see the graph it not a nice smooth ascending graph with some drawdown (I'll try to attach the startegy tester although I tried on my previous answer but I did not succeded).

I did not change anything on the default setting except I uses the MaxRisk factor (settled at 0.06). It should'nt harm isn'it ?

If you look more closely on the EA behavior ,it enters , indeed at cross of a slow (EMA 200) and a fast EMA 21 . The cross of the two MA you teach me it's and indication of trend change. I was thinking that the trend changing should be confirmed by a higher timeframe trend indicator . Of course the number of trade will be lesser, but the performance shall be higher

Scalp net 1.5 with Timefilter

Hi Newdigital

can you please point me out (or attach ) the version of Scalpnet 1.5 with TF that you are using ?

And which Time window are you using ? Consider that I'm with Alpari UK i.e.GMT +2 at this moment;-)

Thanks in advance

Fabio

P.S. BTW please consider my proposal change in my previous post

I am using the version from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371/page25 (attachment: 5digit_Scalp_net_v15_and_indicator.zip) with default settings. Please note that indicator was converted to 5 digit as well. It means that you should place indicator from this attachment to indicator folder of Metatrader's directory.

Scalp Net 1.5 modification

Hi All,

I tried to modify Scalp Net 1.5 including a new filter Cycle_KROUFR at higher TF (i.e. H1).

Basically the idea is to let Scalp Net enter the trade only if the cycle at higher TF has the same direction ;-)

The problem is that , as I coded, the Cycle Kroufr give me alawys values 0 or 100

Could somebody help me ? I attach the fileter and my code