Scalp_net - page 18

fussionjammerz:
Dear Igorad,

I've backtested it and got the same result. It's still modifying orders not according to SAR points. It's modifying orders based on regular trailing stop method.

Please advise

Did you set TrailingStop to 0?

fussionjammerz:
Dear Friends,

I'm currently using scalp_net 1.3 for my live trading (broker NF). I modified some settings eq: EMA, MACD and SAR, so it can be used on H1 TF on EUR/USD

My question is: can I use the SAR points as trailing stops? How to code it?

I don't want to use the default settings, trailing stop 30.

Please advise

Hey Fussion,

Can you post settings,pairs,and Times?

Tnx

fussionjammerz:
Dear Igorad,

I've backtested it and got the same result. It's still modifying orders not according to SAR points. It's modifying orders based on regular trailing stop method.

Please advise

Hi,

Below you can find two absolutely different results of testing.

One with TrailingStop=0 (SAR Trailing Stop), second - TrailingStop=30.

If you want I can add to code inputs for SAR TrailingStop.

Files:
trstop_0.gif  6 kb
trstop_30.gif  6 kb

scalp_net modification

Dear All,

My settings as follow:

MA 11 Exponential Close

MA 19 Exponential Open,

MACD 8,12,1 Close

Parablic sar 0.02, 0.2 (default setting)

EUR/USD H1

My current trading method can be seen on the attachment.

Another question is: once a buy order hit SL, can the EA open another buy order if all the filter signalling buy again? Or the EA will wait for a sell signal? I really hope the EA able to do it.

Please advise and many thanks in advance!

Files:

fussionjammerz:
Dear All,

My settings as follow:

MA 11 Exponential Close

MA 19 Exponential Open,

MACD 8,12,1 Close

Parablic sar 0.02, 0.2 (default setting)

EUR/USD H1

My current trading method can be seen on the attachment.

Another question is: once a buy order hit SL, can the EA open another buy order if all the filter signalling buy again? Or the EA will wait for a sell signal? I really hope the EA able to do it.

Please advise and many thanks in advance!

Yes it may open buy/sell f the previous order was closed and the next buy/sell was confirmed. If you set MaximumOrder as 1 so this EA will trade as Scalp_net_v1.2 (means - one order per chart). If you set MaximumOrder to 3 for example so EA will open orders on every confirmed signals irrespective of the last order was closed or still open (up to 3 orders per chart).

scalp_net modification

Dear ND,

I'm sorry if I adjusted the program parameters without asking your permission first.

Are you sure it will open a buy position again once the previous buy position hit the SL? Because the backtest result doesn't show that way.

The EA will open a sell position (if all the filter reversed from buy signal) once previous buy position hit the stop loss..

Well, of course I will try forward test on my trading account first to get the exact result..not sure yet.

I'll let you know

Dear Igorad,

Any comments? Any further adjustment should I make to the program code? I only adjust the indicators parameters on your Scalp_net_v1.3sl.mq4 file.

Please advise

Thanks

fussionjammerz:
Dear ND,

I'm sorry if I adjusted the program parameters without asking your permission first.

Are you sure it will open a buy position again once the previous buy position hit the SL? Because the backtest result doesn't show that way.

The EA will open a sell position (if all the filter reversed from buy signal) once previous buy position hit the stop loss..

Well, of course I will try forward test on my trading account first to get the exact result..not sure yet.

I'll let you know

Dear Igorad,

Any comments? Any further adjustment should I make to the program code? I only adjust the indicators parameters on your Scalp_net_v1.3sl.mq4 file.

Please advise

Thanks

fussionjammerz,

No this EA does not have this logic: open sell after losing buy. This EA is very simple and it will open any order (buy or sell) and it is not keeping any last profit/losing order in mind (in record). So does not matter which order was the last one: the EA is operating in real time and it will open the other buy if good signal.

Backtesting on M1 timaframe is different from reality sometimes. Because of M1 timeframe. Generaly M1 timeframe is very difficult by itself.

It is necessary to program it especially to have sell after lossing buy.

This EA does not have it.

scalp_net modification

Dear ND, Igorad,

I attached my modification to Scalp_net 1.3, and watching it closely right now.

Please noted that the EA didn't execute any trade between 21 Jul 2006, 10 amto 24 Jul 2006, 2 am. As you can see that the signal is buy, no signal, and buy again.

Maybe I've done something wrong in the program code?

Please advise

Files:

fussionjammerz:
Dear ND, Igorad,

I attached my modification to Scalp_net 1.3, and watching it closely right now.

Please noted that the EA didn't execute any trade between 21 Jul 2006, 10 amto 24 Jul 2006, 2 am. As you can see that the signal is buy, no signal, and buy again.

Maybe I've done something wrong in the program code?

Please advise

Probable your interpretation is not right.

Can you post you settings? Please note that there are two SAR indicators working in this EA and you mentioned one only.

Or post exact your version of EA which you are using.

This EA will open order when EMA crossing on the closed bar filtered by MACD and two SAR indicators. EMA crossing. It is not trading often on M1. And if you use H1 so it will trade just sometimes.

And some of your settings:

MA 11 Exponential Close MA 19 Exponential Open.

Means if you use some indicator on open current bar so this EA can not be backtested because of that.

May you post EA with your settings? It is difficult to say something without EA and settings.

scalp_net modification

Dear ND, Igorad

I've made another modification on the EA (include the setting). I attach the EA on EUR/USD H1.

But, what I want to add in the program is: stop loss point is the same as parabolic SAR point. The trailing stop will increase/decrease along with the moving of SAR points.

With the current EA, the stop loss is 100 and the trailing stop will start moving once the price exceed the opening price. Example: if I buy at 1.2650, the stop loss is 1.2550. The trailing stop will start moving once the SAR points above 1.2650 (proven in backtest result).

Please advise

Thanks

Files: