Firebird EA - page 15

cubesteak:
From what I can tell, ND doesn't change any settings in the testing during the middle of it. If so, it will be written down in the results - new timeframe, with or without time filter, etc.

The difference in Win / Loss is due to the market conditions. This EA seems to like a choppy sideways market. If it trends heavily in one direction, you start to get big losses. Haven't tested this myself, but several people in the thread here have mentioned that.

As ND has said, its a famous EA, so if it just lost all the time, it wouldn't be so famous, rather infamous.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Hope it helps. I was very excited by the returns until I saw the drawdowns. YIKES. I don't have enough pepto for that kind of trading.

Sorry ND for jumping in on a question to you.

-cs

Thanks for the reply CS.

Can't some code be added to it to prevent it from trading in a trending market? For example, an MA with a standard deviation? When the price is outside that standard deviation, it stops trading? Or a different EA is included to take over during those trending periods?

I wish I knew more about programming. Heck, I wish I knew anything about programming. I use to use a program called InvestorRT that had a simple easy to use programing language. I wish MetaTrader was as easy to program because InvestorRT had too many bugs. Now I use a program called ProRealTime which has an easier to code language than MetaTrader, but not nearly as easy as InvestorRT.

I give a great deal of credit to the prgrammers here. I am so bad with computers, my main one is a Mac cause its so dang easy to use. I tried to set up my PC for wireless use and after three hours, I decided to spend a half hour running a line. LOL

Ducati:
Thanks for the reply CS.

Can't some code be added to it to prevent it from trading in a trending market? For example, an MA with a standard deviation? When the price is outside that standard deviation, it stops trading? Or a different EA is included to take over during those trending periods?

I wish I knew more about programming. Heck, I wish I knew anything about programming. I use to use a program called InvestorRT that had a simple easy to use programing language. I wish MetaTrader was as easy to program because InvestorRT had too many bugs. Now I use a program called ProRealTime which has an easier to code language than MetaTrader, but not nearly as easy as InvestorRT.

I give a great deal of credit to the prgrammers here. I am so bad with computers, my main one is a Mac cause its so dang easy to use. I tried to set up my PC for wireless use and after three hours, I decided to spend a half hour running a line. LOL

Hi Ducati,

No prob... I think you may be selling yourself short on being able to learn MT4. I'm just learning myself, and I do know programming, but there are some great tutorials by coder's guru on this board that will get you up and running in no time. Start simple and build from there.

That's what I'm doing. The tutorials are here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Anyway, on what you are talking about, I think that there is a way to do that. I'm not certain though. I know that Newdigital has been talking about putting together "Portfolios" - which I believe will be multiple EA's that will trade different market conditions.

I don't know if they will be manually activated EA's, or if there will be a master EA to rule all the little EA's.

Come to think of it, I don't know of you can load an EA from within an EA.

I guess I have some more research to do...

But, in theory, I think your idea is sound. Something like ASCTrend during heavy trend times, Firebird during sideways markets, and maybe scalper running all the time. I donno - certainly interesting enough to have been keeping me up almost 24x7 for the last few weeks.

Famous does not mean profitable.

Just famous.

There are many famous EAs:

Firebird, TSD, DayTrading and so on.

Because it is history: in which way people were thinking about and what people developed 3, 5 or 10 years ago. Market changed but we are still having this EAs.

Some of them may be profitable and some of them not.

Unable to Compile Firebird

NewDigital, did you see my post that I'm unable to compile Firebird?...

I downloaded Firebird v065tf and v065. I'm unable to compile the code for either of these as I get the error message:

2;93;C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\Firebird v0.65.mq4;260:11;'(' - unexpected token

Could you please either help me to fix this compile error message or provide the compiled code?

hugobossv8:
NewDigital, did you see my post that I'm unable to compile Firebird?...

I downloaded Firebird v065tf and v065. I'm unable to compile the code for either of these as I get the error message:

2;93;C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\Firebird v0.65.mq4;260:11;'(' - unexpected token

Could you please either help me to fix this compile error message or provide the compiled code?

It should not be any errors.

I posted the version once again with pre-set files here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page10

firebird ea grayed

hi,

can anyone help with this:

firebird 0.65 and 0.65tf appear as grayed and cannot be attached to the chart.

any suggestion?

regards,

nnjeim:
hi,

can anyone help with this:

firebird 0.65 and 0.65tf appear as grayed and cannot be attached to the chart.

any suggestion?

regards,

I posted the versions one post above.

unexpected token

still getting the same .

i opened v0.65 in metaeditor and compiled.

it displayed '(' - unexpected token

the error is in:

/*Trailing stop code */

if ....

{

p=Point();

thank you again

nnjeim:
still getting the same .

the error is in:

/*Trailing stop code */

if ....

{

p=Point();

thank you again

Double click on this error in MetaEditor and MetaEditor will show you the error in the code. You may delete this (

And I wonder why I do not have any errors?

nnjeim:
still getting the same .

the error is in:

/*Trailing stop code */

if ....

{

p=Point();

thank you again

Hi!

I got the same error, but I found how to come around it!

Change: p=Point(); to: p=Point;

Then it will work

/MaxMan