Hull MA - page 10

what the difference between modified[1] and [2] ???

thanks heaps in advance

mladen:
Non repainting Hull moving average

I like this indie that Mladen provided to the community but I've been having difficulty trying to retrade historical data via Vhands simulator.

Specifically I'm trying to become accustomed to the MTF "idiosyncrasies" of the indicator. When retrading in Vhands, the indicator will switch colors prior to the price action. So if there's a rally coming up, the indicator will show that prior to it seeing the new data Vhands is feeding it.

Are there any MTF HMA's that don't repaint that acts similar to how it would in real time?

increase:
Do you have the mq4 file for that?

will this do...

Triangular method

I am looking for an EA showing the cross of a moving average (MA) with a Hull moving average (HMA) using the TRIANGULAR method. It should also include the other methods too (simple, weighted, exponential etc). I had one with VT Trader but no broker currently uses that software that I am aware of. Anyhow, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

gandalf

I do not know about cross but as I know - there are 5 versions of HMA EAs and ther last one is HMAExpert_v2.1 with fixed FX_Snipers_Ergodic_CCI_Trigger indicator as a filter. In simple elite section).

As to the public versions so I did not find any.

May be - simple MA crossing with HMA as a mod of MA?

If yes so you can try to find because it should be many of them I think.

Indicator for color change on multiple HMA's

Hi guys,

I need an indicator which can drop an arrow on the chart and an alert when 3 HMA's change color on the same bar. Example:

If the 4HMA, 9 HMA and the 15 HMA change color on the same bar, the indicator would throw and alert and draw an arrow on that bar.

This is the HMA which I am using. Thanks

Files:

Average (Mean) is evil and should be stay away from it.

In formal econometric and financial time series analysis, Arithematic mean (Averaging) is used get rid of noisy. but They also teach student that Arithematic mean (Averaging) introduces a lot of lagging.

Use other method like wavelet and singular spectrum analysis.

See the difference between HUll moving average (Period 13) is in white color and Spectral Zero lag indicator is in Red (based in Wavelet analysis).

Which one do you believe easier to trade with?

Hi all

Timeseriesguy would you mind sharing HULL moving average and Spectral Zero Lag indis?

Thanks in advance!!

zequikups:
Hi all

Timeseriesguy would you mind sharing HULL moving average and Spectral Zero Lag indis?

Thanks in advance!!

Applying tools like SSA and Spectral Zero Lag to non-stationary time series is dangerous. They are not meant to be used as averages but as filters for another types of analysis

mladen:
Non repainting Hull moving average

Hi mladen,

Greetings!!!

Excellent Indy and Superb Programming skills!

Thank You.

I searched in the forum for this indy which has got arrows also, but I couldn't find it for this exact indy! I have tested all the other HMA based indys which has arrows in the forum but I believe the one based on this Indy you posted long back would be far superior and simple/resource efficient !!!

Since I am very much particular about the screen real-estate and clarity, I was searching for the version of this nrp HMA indy that you have created which has got 'Arrows' ....

Could you please direct me to the post if there is one, already...

or Can you please post the same nrp HMA one for the new mt4 version, which also has facility to Toggle on/off the arrows and/or HMA line on the screen...

Your help would be highly appreciated... Thanks a lot!

posted the indy for ref...

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Mony

Edit:

mladen,

I found one, 'Hull nrp arrows' which fulfills my requirement!... however, its too basic and its not got no options !..... It would be very helpful to test and implement if you could please give the following options to the nrp HMA (the one attached) indy:

TimeFrame = current timeframe;

HMA_Period = 20;

HMA_PriceType = 0;

HMA_Method = 3;

alertsOn = false;

alertsOnCurrent = false;

alertsMessage = false;

alertsSound = false;

alertsEmail = false;

ShowArrows = true;

ShowHMALine = false;

arrowsIdentifier = "HMA Arrows";