Moving Average - page 102

Hello guys,

Does anyone have a moving average indi that sounds an audio alert when price closes above or below it as I'm looking for one but can only find MA cross indi's so far...

Any help would be much appreciated...

datamonkey:
Hello guys,

Does anyone have a moving average indi that sounds an audio alert when price closes above or below it as I'm looking for one but can only find MA cross indi's so far...

Any help would be much appreciated...

datamonkey

If you have a crossing of two averages and you set the period of one of the two to 1, it is the same as if you would check for price crosses above or bellow an average (period 1 for any average has to be the price itself)

mladen:
datamonkey If you have a crossing of two averages and you set the period of one of the two to 1, it is the same as if you would check for price crosses above or bellow an average (period 1 for any average has to be the price itself)

Thanks for your help mladen

HELLO MRTOOLS,

Please i intend to also use this indicator as a TREND indicator ( based on different ema crossovers ).

Can you please assist to make a new version with ONLY 2 COLORS ( GREEN AND RED ).

Once the indicator is showing GREEN,it will remain SO UNTIL THERE IS A REVERSE Signal showing red color,and vice versa.

Like you did with the PRICE OVER KUMO HISTO ,you may need to add this to the input; SHOW NEUTRAL true or false.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK.

Files:

winner246:
HELLO MRTOOLS,

Please i intend to also use this indicator as a TREND indicator ( based on different ema crossovers ).

Can you please assist to make a new version with ONLY 2 COLORS ( GREEN AND RED ).

Once the indicator is showing GREEN,it will remain SO UNTIL THERE IS A REVERSE Signal showing red color,and vice versa.

Like you did with the PRICE OVER KUMO HISTO ,you may need to add this to the input; SHOW NEUTRAL true or false.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK.

winner246

Here you go

HELLO MLADEN,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,its properly done.

Can anyone point out a link to me for a simple MA cross indicator that doesn't immediately alert after cross, instead wait for a gap that is wide enough? And I can change how big the gap is? I'm reading up a strategy based on this but couldn't find an indicator that marks obvious arrows for this kind of cross.

Thanks, Randy

what is the winning percentage of this?

rhenzon:
what is the winning percentage of this?

Of what?

This is a thread of moving averages

rwacker:
Can anyone point out a link to me for a simple MA cross indicator that doesn't immediately alert after cross, instead wait for a gap that is wide enough? And I can change how big the gap is? I'm reading up a strategy based on this but couldn't find an indicator that marks obvious arrows for this kind of cross. Thanks, Randy

I haven't really read this whole thread if such indicators has already been created, I'm sure it's been done before. But I have an indicator I coded does exactly what you have requested. You are welcome to try this out.

CL_I_02_GapMACross Alert

Moving average cross based strategy is the most studied and widely used trading strategy for a good reason. This comprehensive tool will meet all your needs about finding signals from MA cross. Key idea is to use the separation between 2 MAs to filter out some false cross signals.

Key Features:

1. User defined value for separation threshold.

2. Option to alert on cross either based on closing bar or real tick.

3. Option to choose between initial signals and/or continuation signals.

4. Multiple alert options including chart alert, audio alert, email alert, mobile device alert.