How to code? - page 91

FerruFx:
In your iCustom(); what is the LineSize3 parameter? If it's the CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v4 buffer number that's ok, if not, the buffer number you want to call is missing.

Also you have a space in your coding here: "S howLSMA".

FerruFx

It's the value for the line, thin or bigger.

I Need helpseriously

Ferrufx, I am totally new to this. built it on strategybuilder.com, i have no clue to "icustom" and i am lucky to have gotten this far. the idea is to buy when sma is above the top bollinger band and closethe trade once it crosses below the upper band. it should sell when sma is below the lowe bollinger band and close the trade when sma crosses above the lower band. please can you or someone correct this code so that it buys and sells? i'm trying to learn mql as we speak and having a hard time but not giving up yet

Linuxser:
It's the value for the line, thin or bigger.

I think so and it's why i asked ... Then the bar shift or the buffer number needed is missing at the end of the iCustom(); line.

delvinja, your code is at the very beginning. Actually I didn't see any long or short conditions to trigger a trade.

FerruFx

need help

Thanks, ferrufx for the info. but how do iget this ea to work i obviously am not competent enough to make the adjustments myself so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

CCI Woodies

Thanks Linuxer

I try to learn a little bit of coding MQL4 by copy and paste.

It's not so important, only for my learning.

Thanks once again

Linuxser:
I see with your code the idea is to buy/sell above/below 0 line. Why don't you try with iCCI for your TCCI instead of call iCustom. There is nothing different between standard CCI and the other indicator.

FerruFx:
delvinja, your code is at the very beginning. Actually I didn't see any long or short conditions to trigger a trade.

Sorry delvinja, I answered wrong by looking the wrong EA. This answer was for Badguy.

FerruFx

Custom indicator for coding EA

The indicator is the Macd_BB like the one used by Nexgen.

Settings are as follows"

FastLen = 10

SloLengthwLen = 26

Length = 10

Stdev = 1

a buy order should be executed when a green ball is developed above the upper line and closes only when the balls cross below the upper line again or hits ny trailing stop.

a sell is executed when a magenta ball is developed below the lower line and closes only when the balls cross above the lower line again.

take profits and stop loss should be moderate and allow the settings to be changed to tweak the expert. Ihave attached the indicator and am most grateful for your help with this.

If there is anything else that you may need you can post here or email me at delvin.patrick@gmail.com

thanks again bro!

Ooops forgot to attach the indicator here it is

here is the indicator Ferrufx, sorry about that(for the expert advisor)

Files:
macd_bb.mq4  5 kb

Indicator won't refresh

I've tried to translate this indicator from another language.

It loads up OK but it won't refresh at the next new bar and subsequent bars.

Any help would be most welcome.

Files:

Try this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172902 - may be you will find something similar.