How to change line colour

I am struggling with getting my coding to work.

If I am using an oscillator with 2 lines that moves around the zero line, how do I programme in MetaTrader4 for the line to change colour when line A is above line B and > zero line and similarly display a different colour when it is < zero ?

thanks

Here's an example of the code I used to modify the colors in the shi_channel indicator. The channel color was green all the time. I modified it so that depending on if it was an up or down sloping channel, the color would either be green or red.

Take a look at the IF statement to see how I did it....

ObjectCreate("TL1",OBJ_TREND,0,T2,PP+Step*AB,T1,PP);

// Channel is Green if width is greater than ChannelAlert (Default 50),

// otherwise it is Red

if(ChannelWidth >= ChannelAlert) {ObjectSet("TL1",OBJPROP_COLOR,Lime);}

else {ObjectSet("TL1",OBJPROP_COLOR,Red); }

ObjectSet("TL1",OBJPROP_WIDTH,2);

ObjectSet("TL1",OBJPROP_STYLE,STYLE_SOLID);

All you need to do is create an IF statement, and based on the outcome of the IF statement, the OBJPROP_COLOR will be set to this or that color.

Hope that helps.

Keris

billm:
I am struggling with getting my coding to work.

If I am using an oscillator with 2 lines that moves around the zero line, how do I programme in MetaTrader4 for the line to change colour when line A is above line B and > zero line and similarly display a different colour when it is < zero ?

thanks

billm,

Could we see the code?

thanks, I'll try that method

Do you know of a way of displaying 2 or more seperate indicators in the same window? eg; a line based indicator and a histogram, both using different code rather than trying to merge the 2 codes together ?

I'm just trying to make best use of screen space thats all

thanks