CatFx50 - page 649

Hi all.

In Hist_StepMA_Stoch displayed maximum bars on chart. But counting only so much how many it is specified in parameter NumberOfBarsToCalculate. I update Hist_StepMA_Stoch. In new version if NumberOfBarsToCalculate = 0, then counting maximum bars on chart.

Karakurt:
Hi all. In Hist_StepMA_Stoch displayed maximum bars on chart. But counting only so much how many it is specified in parameter NumberOfBarsToCalculate. I update Hist_StepMA_Stoch. In new version if NumberOfBarsToCalculate = 0, then counting maximum bars on chart.

wats the best setting

Dave188:
I have imported complete Alpari Intraday Data for cable (~28800 Bars) but still got a buy signal. Any explanations?

In my opinion, on this signal it was possible to earn 20-28 points 1,8672 - 1,8700.

hi NINA

Please update your template and put it here or first page.

tnx

regards

iGoR:
If your exit is a compromise then I understand it as something discretionary.

That is not a 100% exit strategy.

One can go for an exit strategy based on a $ stop (ex. 15pips profit).

Or you go for a exit strategy based on indicators that again can be 100% backtested. If you find an exit strategy based on indicators that can improve the entry based on indicators then you found yourself a new system..

it's not discretionary. I have a target profit in pips, I only trade cable and being a daytrader my goal is to catch a part of the daily average range of the cross

You consider any system as an always in play system. If you are long and exit then you also revert to short and vice versa

Altough the forex market works 24h over 24h, I consider each day a separate day for a trade and my goal is to get 50 pips a day for example

There are range days where I do not trade or I get stopped out; there are days I go long and exit and the next day I go long again etc.

I take each day and say: cable will move at least 90/100 pips from high to low (or low to high) today; I want to enter, take 50 pips, get out and wait for next day...

camisa:
I don't agree Igor

I think an entry is very different from an exit

When I enter a position I want every odd in my favour or I would not take the trade

When I exit it's a compromise, because I would rather take an average profit every time than to try to always get the maximum profit from every trade and ending up being stopped out at break even most of the times...

My criteria for entering a trade is much more demanding than my exit criteria, do you understand my point? So I cannot use my exit criteria as a mean to reverse my original position, but rather wait for the next CLEAR and UNQUESTIONABLE signal to enter another trade

If your exit is a compromise then I understand it as something discretionary.

That is not a 100% exit strategy.

One can go for an exit strategy based on a $ stop (ex. 15pips profit).

Or you go for a exit strategy based on indicators that again can be 100% backtested. If you find an exit strategy based on indicators that can improve the entry based on indicators then you found yourself a new system...

Ex. The catFX50 is a system were price crosses with the MA. That means that price will make highs and lows above and bellow that MA.

IF YOU CAN FIND a strategy that can exit around those tops and bottoms and improve the overall backtest over a LONG period of time well then you can place your exits in the opposite entry and it will do better then the initial entry...

Remember that is what nina is looking for...a exit strategy that could secure as much as possible from the daily potentials that price makes above or bellow the MA (does not matter if it is 10 pips or 100pips) and not on some particular moves that price made on some particular days. But in generall and over a LONG period of time.

regards...iGoR

PS. On the 1000's of backtests I done (with metastock) I was able to improve my result a lot by optimizing the S/L and T/P with a $ stop. But never I was able to improve my overall result by new or other indicators then the ones in my entry strategy that could improve the result without the T/P and S/L.

camisa:
it's not discretionary. I have a target profit in pips, I only trade cable and being a daytrader my goal is to catch a part of the daily average range of the cross

You consider any system as an always in play system. If you are long and exit then you also revert to short and vice versa

Altough the forex market works 24h over 24h, I consider each day a separate day for a trade and my goal is to get 50 pips a day for example

There are range days where I do not trade or I get stopped out; there are days I go long and exit and the next day I go long again etc.

I take each day and say: cable will move at least 90/100 pips from high to low (or low to high) today; I want to enter, take 50 pips, get out and wait for next day...

I don't want to highjake this topic casima.

I am a personn who worked for 9 years to proof every possible trading logic true backtests (with metastock) I will gladely look to a system of you or were you can give me an example (that can be backtested to realy give proof) were you have an entry strategy based on indicators and that you improve the overall result by exiting based on other indicator or other strategy then your initial indicators or setup and that is not based on a $ stop.

regards...iGoR

I have a good str for exit. Its verry easy to use. Im using this ind for exit.

Files:

dorrtaj:
I have a good str for exit. Its verry easy to use. Im using this ind for exit.

If I'm not mistaken but super-signal indicator repaints the past. So how can you speak about a good exit strategy that can be backtested and give the same results as would have happend in real time...

regards...iGoR

PS. Over all those years I've been on forums I hear people continiously say this or this or this is a GOOD exit indicator or entry indicator or indicator for generall use. If I ask if they can proof their statement with 100% full proof results over a long period of time true backtest or track record...they can not...so on what is that statement based....on a few trades the last couple of days or weeks or in the best case a couple of months...

dit:
wats the best setting

I think, NumberOfBarsToCalculate = 0 (IMHO).

All another parameters have not changes:

PeriodWATR = 10;

Kwatr = 1.0;

HighLow = 0;