CatFx50 - page 400

Hi!

I'm looking for a MT4 broker with US Dollar Index.

Do you know any?

Nina

rollingstone:
Could you let us know how you performed the backtest, was it just by manually looking at old charts.

Yes, manually looking back.

Regards.

rufffen:
backtesting doesn't work, period. You have to account for slippage, server outage, and many other factors. Besides, MT4 platform is unstable, and the free data feed you use for backtesting is not reliable.

Just some factors. Also consider a simple cross-over MA system with backtesting, it's real cool with backtests, however try to trade it naked live, and you will see what I mean.

CatFX is profitable, I could see that, I use it for confirmation of short-term trends and retracements.

Interesting idea about pyramiding though, would be interesting to watch how that idea evolves with this system.

I agree, backtest is not going to tell you if a system will perform well in the future, but if you do it it is a great learning tool to get the grip of the system and shorten the learning curve, since as I also thought that this was a good system, didn t want to spend 6 months trading a demo.

But backtesting something by yourself give you the idea that is the system is for you or not, because in the end, that is it all about, the system could be great but if it doesn t fit your trading style you are done.

AThis way we reached the optimum level of lots to trade starting with a 5 k account, look at that and you will see that it starts trading only 2 micro lots per scale (8 micro lots). it is not a great risk, and in the end compounding you get to 118k, you have the foundations there for money management rule.

So all and all, i don t regret spending some time backtesting something that i think could yield me great profits.

And as i said before, all backtest should be taken with a grain of salt.

Regards.

My appologies Harold, I actually learnt something from your previous posts on level 4. You know your stuff, that's all that matters. And am in full support in keeping this system simple with no clutter. 'If its not broke don't fix it'

guibermc:
I agree, backtest is not going to tell you if a system will perform well in the future, but if you do it it is a great learning tool to get the grip of the system and shorten the learning curve, since as I also thought that this was a good system, didn t want to spend 6 months trading a demo.

But backtesting something by yourself give you the idea that is the system is for you or not, because in the end, that is it all about, the system could be great but if it doesn t fit your trading style you are done.

AThis way we reached the optimum level of lots to trade starting with a 5 k account, look at that and you will see that it starts trading only 2 micro lots per scale (8 micro lots). it is not a great risk, and in the end compounding you get to 118k, you have the foundations there for money management rule.

So all and all, i don t regret spending some time backtesting something that i think could yield me great profits.

And as i said before, all backtest should be taken with a grain of salt.

Regards.

Hi!

Look at your Private Messages.

THX.

Nina

if you dont mine not realtime ino .com has dollar index

rufffen:
backtesting doesn't work, period. You have to account for slippage, server outage, and many other factors. Besides, MT4 platform is unstable, and the free data feed you use for backtesting is not reliable.

Just some factors. Also consider a simple cross-over MA system with backtesting, it's real cool with backtests, however try to trade it naked live, and you will see what I mean.

CatFX is profitable, I could see that, I use it for confirmation of short-term trends and retracements.

Interesting idea about pyramiding though, would be interesting to watch how that idea evolves with this system.

Hi - in general I agree about your backtesting comment- for example there are always people coming to these forums saying that they have tested every 30m or 60m system in the world and your system is bad and doomed to failure so give up now - meanwhile, the people who trade manually, keep it relatively simple, dont get greedy and put the hours in learning a system and the market seem to continually make money.

The backtesting results posted here seem positive - thats ok - my own 15 - 30pip results are not as good but thats to be expected - I am learning and cannot trade every session - but what would people have said if the results were negative ? Would you have all quit trading catfx50 ? Keep records and learn to do your own analysis .

nina:
Hi!

Do you know any?

Nina

Here you are

mt.forexua.com:443 (USDINX)

217.74.44.33:443 (USDINX)

Dollar Index

nina:
Hi!

Do you know any?

Nina

Dear Nina

really you are great man

You can add the attached indicator of Dollar Index to your MT4

Thanks you

Files:
mindex.mq4  2 kb

Lots of news going on tonight!

OK everybody, here's the Forex news calendar for tonight and on into the morning. It's on CET.

moneyline