CatFx50 - page 261

viennatrader:
I guess the differences between our charts are because of different brokers and/or datafeed. Funny though that the pivots, Maxbars and Nina show different results.

Does the "dashed curtains" show the trading hours? I was looking for an indicator which can shade different time spans. I got one but it can only do one time span and not multiples. i.e. 6 to 10 and 15 to 18.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

use the Tradetime indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201/page101 or the posted i-paramon... below

Refering to the chart differences - 1. could you post the aquivalent chart and 2. post your configuration parameters for aNina and Hist_StepMA_Stoch?

mibl

Exit for 10 pips

Hi,

According to Nina, winning ratio of Cat50Fx is 7-8 out of 9, what about writing an EA to enter on Cat50Fx signal and exit with 10pips only and stoploss of 10pips. If this EA proofs successfule we can alwasys add more lots, we don't have to sit and wait for Cat50Fx entry?

Getting 10pips 70-80% of time is still profitable stratgy.

Any suggestion.... Thanks

tdion:
I'm sorry Mr. Nina.

So back to what I was saying.... It's obvious that the total POTENTIAL for these trades is usually over 100 combined pips over a few days.

That's great!

The bad thing is combining those three puts us in a situation where we could be stopped out at 39 X 3 = a 117 pip loss...

What sort of whipsaw action do these entries usually see? Is a 10 pip stop reasonable? How about 20 or 30? Tell me what I have to work with here.... Can I get away with being bumped out of a few trades because of a small stopout?

Hi tdion,

what is not really clear for me is - how your sheet will help us trading catfx more effectively?

catfx is no mechanical trading system. Mechanical systems live from MM and RM which have even a very big influence in the over-all performance.

Here our main challenge is not to stop a trade which has more potential while not loose trades which have only a small performance expectation. As you self said in an earlier post.

b.r. mibl

hi nina since we moved clocks ahead here in us the 8 to 18 changes right

laserjet:
Hi,

According to Nina, winning ratio of Cat50Fx is 7-8 out of 9, what about writing an EA to enter on Cat50Fx signal and exit with 10pips only and stoploss of 10pips. If this EA proofs successfule we can alwasys add more lots, we don't have to sit and wait for Cat50Fx entry?

Getting 10pips 70-80% of time is still profitable stratgy.

Any suggestion.... Thanks

Hi laserjet,

as I followed catfx up to now I can say, that it is correct that there is a very high amount of profitable signals of the system, but not all these signals could be put one to one in a corresponding trade, because of slipage effects even on newstime signals. And think about the spread.

On the other hand the stop of 10 pips will be to close - see the charts itself. You will be stopped out because of after the signal sometimes the price doesn't go in the predicted way at once. But perhaps a little more.

--> Make a test if perhaps 16-20 pips stop and a scaled exit on 15 Pips and 30 will be profitable in the long run. Would be interesting for all of us to know.

b.r. mibl

i got in at 2096/92 got out with 17 when u see 50 100 and 200 laying on top of each other there usually a breakout

Did people pick up the Eur/ USD signal at 1.2089 ?

ema 50 is still below ema 120....

Files:

Yes I took eurusd level 1 signal - got the price 1.2093

Additionally I took a short on usdchf - but afterwards I saw that the opening of the entry candle was not under ema50 - so no real catfx signal (had to take a better look) - but I had luck and see now the trade in profit.

Cable long: I didn't take it because of price is far away from ema50 after a big movement to north before. That's too risky for me. I didn't took that.

catfx-signals

eurusd:

level 1 - 16:30cet - long 1.2090 - made current high 1.2117

usdgbp:

currently additional cable signal level 1 at 17:00 cet - long 1.7367

mibl

harold4x:
i got in at 2096/92 got out with 17 when u see 50 100 and 200 laying on top of each other there usually a breakout

Ok, fair call.

I could not get on the move quick enough, came in at 1.2095, I took 15 pips on 1 contract as usual, set 2nd contract to +1. Am now waiting contract, I see the pivot at 1.2125 that makes a fair 2nd target. If bar goes below 1.2103 I will exit though.

Regards