CatFx50 - page 222

SPACECHIMP:
let me start with

My question is how does the 'MAX Moving Average' factor into picking signals..

I'm just a little unlcear about that..also my yellow and blue lines are the max move average indicator and you can see they come up from the bottom of the screen..

anyone know why?

THANKS

Hi,

change "countbars" to 500

hi nina in reply to your question on post 2231 the price went from 4/8 which is commercial pivot point level to 3/8 level also 38% level of last move up

heres an indicator that i think is better than max ma and a very good filter comfirmation when you load it to charts change setting to 20 and 20 you will see what i mean

Files:

das:
Hi, change "countbars" to 500

Yup that worked...

Periodwatr

Kwatr

Highlow

These settings in Hist_stepMA are removed?

I made USD/CHF chart for the first time..anyone have the problem where the STEPMA Stoch blue line doesn't move at all and the yellow line barely moves?

If I go all the way back to Jan 18th and before, the blue line starts to move on the CHF chart.

I don't have that with the EUR/USD or GBP/USD charts.

really weird

PS Triggerlines at 20,20 is pretty Nice

nina:
Hi!!!

Ok, mates, I think it's time to tweak a little more CatFX50.

Plot EMA50

Plot EMA120

Plot MAX Moving Average with this setting:

firstback 50

secondback 14

countbars 500

power 2

Plot StepMA_Stoch_v1H

Plot Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02 with this setting:

No filters

500 bars

About StepMA_Stoch_v1:

This is the original indicator of CatFX50. It will give less signals, but it has an accuracy above 90%.

About Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02:

It is more agressive. It gives more signals and allow us to take level 2 trades.

Use them together and, according to how you see the market and yourself, be more agressive or conservative. When both give same signal at the same time: GO!

About MAX Moving Average:

It is optional. It will allow you to trade the crosses with EMA50. Do it only if Hist_Step validates the cross.

The cross can be used as an exit after a regular signal too.

Remember, you do not need to take the crosses to trade CatFX50. You could grab some pips if you do, but you could lose some too.

About EMA120:

When EMA50 is above EMA120, market is long.

When EMA50 is below EMA120, market is short.

When they cross there is a shift in sentiment.

EMA120 acts as support and resistance.

Note:

With StepMA_Stoch, for instance, we had a long on cable the 13th at 1.7289.

That long made a high at 1.7592 the 16th for 303 pips. That long should've been closed today (09:00cet) at 1.7512 for a +223 pips.

Cable is short now (09:00cet) at 1.7512. Made a low before reverse at 1.7462 for a +50 pips.

Nina

hi, nina, could u upload a template?

thx

harold4x:
hi showmethetrade why dont you go to navigator amd delete file then close chart and add indicator back click compile before you save it to indicator file to make sure there are no bugs then go open charts go to tool bar on top of charts and click option then click the next prompt for charts you will see bars for history and chart make them both 250000 then put up indicator and make sure under input that max bars are 2000 it will work after this guaranteed nina it so happened the support of 7456 was murry math level

harold4x,

Thanks; the changes fixed the problem.

Hi!!

Erase MAX moving Average. I do not know why but I have one of them missing on chart. So, I do not want to be worried about an optional tool.

If you want, use Triggerlines as Harold says. Remember this is optional.

Later on I will talk about MAX Moving Average again. I think it is very interesting the setting I posted. But I need to solve some problems with them.

Nina

Hi!

Take care with North Finance data. It is more sensitive. It gives more signals and some of them are wrong.

Cable today for instance: It was a buy for North Finance at 1.7498 (09:00cet) according to StepMA_Stoch. Histo set to 2000 did not give the signal but set to 500 did. So, take care. If you use NF, set it to 2000.

Mig and Neuimex did not give signal.

Nina

Hi!

About EMA120:

As you see today, cable has hit EMA120 and it has gone down quickly from 1.7505 to 1.7483.

Nina

Hi!!

Ok, I has solved my problems with MAX Moving Average. You can plot them on chart. If you do not like them, use Triggerlines.

Nina