CatFx50 - page 217

svirgo:
I seems a lot of people are using only 50 ema cross and the Hist_StepMA_Stock...

Is there a reason why you all(some) don't use the StepMA_Stoch apart from the fact they represent the same story in a different way?

Thanks

svirgo

Hi Svirgo,

normally every indicator is another view on that what happens on the market because at least it is based in any kind on the price.

In Ninas CatFx50 the StepMA_stoch is a filter to reduce even some false signals. The new range -0.04 to +0.04 on the histogram of the stepma_stoch is discovered as another filter by Nina to reduce false signals. The stepma_stoch is an important part of the system.

b.r. mibl

kamyar:
Maybe these help u have a better view on gbp ok all removed sorry for intrauption

Hi kamyar,

thanks for the fast responding - but I don't wnat to press you to completly remove your charts - use the upload function of forex-tsd to attach files to your post. They will shown as a tumbnail in the forums-view and others can open them if they are interested in.

b.r. mibl

well

i post them again.it may help u..

Files:

showmethetrade:
As I solicited earlier, I have the Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02_withFilterLevels, but when I load it on the chart, it comes out blank; I need help to fix this problem.

Hi ShowMe...

you must scroll back on your chart to force MT4 to load more data from the history. The number in the subtitle of the indicator "Max bars to count" must be greater the 2000.

additionally look here and around this posting https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201/page134

b.r. mibl

Hi!

As always, I'm at my daily work .

I do not have MT4, so I can not see if we have validated signals or not.

It'd be a good idea to post them if you have them. Then different traders can talk about them if they do not coincide.

BTW, if someone had told me that this thread, when started 7 months ago, could have more than 200k views, I'd thought he was drunk.

Nina

Nina's 50 ma system backtesting results Pt. 1

Have tested Nina's 50 period MA system using MetaStock 8 according to stated rules on 13 months of 30-minute EURUSD data. Complete failure, huge losses. Will test other pairs and post results. Some advice: find a program that is easy to program systems (Metastock, Amibroker). If someone posts an interesting system, you must test it yourself. LOOK AT THE EQUITY CURVE, it tells you most of what you need to know. A system can work well for a couple of weeks, or months, and then completely fall apart. You MUST be able to backtest.

showmethetrade:
Passass, What indicator is represented by the two horizontal (gold color) bars on your chart? Is that were you are supposed to exit the trade?

Those lines shows trading time (based on server time).

Files:

Nina

This is the most straight forward, down to earth thread on forex. Thanks a lot for all the hard work from you and other traders to make this a success for so many traders.

Nesalc

WNW:
Have tested Nina's 50 period MA system using MetaStock 8 according to stated rules on 13 months of 30-minute EURUSD data. Complete failure, huge losses. Will test other pairs and post results. Some advice: find a program that is easy to program systems (Metastock, Amibroker). If someone posts an interesting system, you must test it yourself. LOOK AT THE EQUITY CURVE, it tells you most of what you need to know. A system can work well for a couple of weeks, or months, and then completely fall apart. You MUST be able to backtest.

Hi WMV,

that a result which do not surprise me. As Nina says, ist is an easy system. It has easy rules to follow, but nevertheless it delivers an entry strategy.

There are no explicitly defined rules for exit, when to trail the stop and sometimes you have to do some discreate decisions if you trade it. It is no mechanical system......

.... but as I followed it up to now, it is very good in finding good entries!

So you had backtested one possible occurance of the system.

Can you please show us some parameters of you test. Then everyone can compare these with their own using stretegy of catfx50.

Thanks in advance

b.r. mibl

WNW:

Hi, Wnw!

It could be like you say. But you need to post your settings.

Btw, what MA do you use?

What about StepMA_Stoch, does MetaStock 8 has it?

Nina