CatFx50 - page 140

So now:

GBPUSD broke the trendline

USDJPY is ready to perform the next signal when current bar closes (stochMA_Stoch is already in long mode, Ind Inverse crosses long)

mibl

mibl:
So now:

GBPUSD broke the trendline

USDJPY is ready to perform the next signal when current bar closes (stochMA_Stoch is already in long mode, Ind Inverse crosses long)

mibl

hi mibl,

but the signal for GBPUSD to late

seppl

seppl:
hi mibl,

but the signal for GBPUSD to late

seppl

Yes Seppl, you are right. But, I didn't mentioned that because as an entry-signal. The situation, short in EURUSD and an existing (not broken) trendline in GBPUSD made this trade (for me) riskier. That was, what I supposed. The break of the tl in GBPUSD was a good signal for my running short-EURUSD-trade.

I didnt take this short signal in GBPUSD because of the tl and afterwards because I went long in USDJPY. So I was too late for a GBPUSD-trade.

mibl

mibl:
Hi blooms,

thanks for these indicators.

Relating to CatFX50: Please do not forget, CatFx may be an easy system from the point of view of "automatic" rules, but Nina always reminds to the fact, that the human thinking should not be turned of - which should mean that you always must consider the actual setup around the signal to reduce risk and so reduce possible drawdown (are there opositional trendlines, is the entry shortly before a pivot point, ....?). An autom. system will not can do this in a full manner.

So as I understood, it is no system for pure automatic trading. Perhaps if you make a backtesting on the automatic rules, you will get a positive result.

(But think at, that the results on the "paper" are never the results of the system, because of sometimes you do not get the price because of the bar is moving to fast after the signal, ... - you didn't entered because of news time at this bar, ....)

All traders I know are successful because of their knowledge of the market and do not only follow trading signales of their system.

If it would be so easy to gain money at the exchange/forex markets, I would have built a "trading machine" which is producing money for me and my friends. So I could concentrate on trading only for fun.

I am sorry, I do not have one, but if I am wrong and you find one - will you inform me please? Thanks.

best wishes

mibl

The problem is that even with Nina system, the back testing still didn't show any good.

Here is one simple model of the Nina EA system and the typical profit graph.

Files:

Another Nina EA system with change of StepMA_stoch as exit.

Files:
gbpusd2.gif  6 kb

other graphs. None of them seems profitable. The commission fees seem to have defeated them.

Files:
eurusd1.gif  5 kb
usdjpy2.gif  6 kb
gbpusd3.gif  5 kb

mibl:
Hi Marbo

I took this short in EURUSD based on

- price closing below

- StepMa_Stoch is short yet

- IND Inverse crosses downwards

But it is a more riskier (level 2). What is not so good indication at the moment is that the USDGBP is not in short mode and stays above his trendline. See attached chart.

mibl

So, came back from early lunch and see that EURUSD trade was closed at target profit (@70). Actually I suppose 3 steps to exit. First portion at Fibo-Supp 1, second shortly before Fibo-Supp 2 and third shortly before Fibo-Supp 3.

But because of going to lunch, second step didn't take place and with luck the rest hit the target profit before Fibo-Supp 3.

Nevertheless the USDJPY trade is running, but here it could be possible that the long indication will not hold on and the trade must be close with a loss.

mibl good morning,

could you explain your risk reward a little with your stoploss? you mention you make exits in 3 parts, what happens if the trade losses? is that i used to take 3 lots and scale in 3 places but when the stoploss is hit , sometimes by scaling you dont manage to get what a loss gives you multiplied by 3.

blooms:
The problem is that even with Nina system, the back testing still didn't show any good. Here is one simple model of the Nina EA system and the typical profit graph.

I had a short look on your Nina Expert 2. --> What I understand is the following (I am sure that I do not cover the whole EA-functionality):

• You work with a trailing stop and target profit of 34 pips. That means a c/r-rate less than 1:1 (spread, slipage). So the only profit factor can be the count of profitable trades.
  • Your EA only trades when the crosses nearly are at the same time. All other signals would not be traded (so I read the code)
  • Your stop technik is based on trailing stop. So I understand the code you can loose trades which could be meanwhile clear in the profit area but do not reach the 34 pips yet. Am I right?

F.e. at the moment I use another exit strategy (not as an EA, on a manual way):

3 or 4 exit points based on fibo-pivots.

I close the first portion when fibo 1 is reached and trail the initial stop to entry. The next steps are the same way. The last (4th) I let run until a trailing stop catches it.

mibl

bmac:
mibl good morning, could you explain your risk reward a little with your stoploss? you mention you make exits in 3 parts, what happens if the trade losses? is that i used to take 3 lots and scale in 3 places but when the stoploss is hit , sometimes by scaling you dont manage to get what a loss gives you multiplied by 3.

See my previous posting.

Additionally: My initial stop depends on the chart setup. (lows/highs, last candles formations, trendlines, ...). It is not allways 34 pips, I think that isn't necessary for all setups.

You are right: The 3 or 4 steps means that in the drwadown-case you loose the whole 3 or 4 portions. Than only makes sense when your profitable trade count is a lot more and your absolute profit per trade is bigger. At the moment this is 5 winners to 2 loosers and one already running trade.

But during times where the variation of the market is small the fibos are narrow to the ema, so better the time where the variation is higher.

But be careful - I am indeed experienced in trading for years, but my experience with CatFX is only based on 7 real (small) money test trades the last days and 3 weeks following the system on the charts without real trading. At the moment I test the system in real live trading, but only with a small lot-size and up to now it is profitable.

mibl