CatFx50 - page 6

Hi!!

Well, another day is almost away (CET).

As you all know, today was one of those to be trading with two safety belts on.

The system did it great again. The first signals worked out properly. StepMa Stoch as its main filter kept us in till maximum high and low of the pairs traded. To grab more or less pips is up to you.

Once EURUSD was a sell at 1.1930 (09:30gmt) with low at 1.1904, it kept cutting up and down EMA50 till FED. Only then STEPMA validated the buy. But it was out of the time this system must be traded. Beyond that, anyone should know that when a pair is stuck like EURUSD today, we'd better do something else.

USDCHF. This pair was a buy at 1.2916 (9:30CET). Made a high at 1.2964 (15:30CET). StepMa kept us in till FED. Same case, of course, than EURUSD.

GBPUSD. Cable was a sell at 1.7708 (10:00CET). Made its first low at 1.7660. Then went up to 1.7725 to drop again to a new low at 1.7651. StepMA kept us in till that low. And FED came. Same story.

When we have a cross validated by StepMa and, if you want, by Fisher, it is a very strong signal. The point is then: When do we exit?

We've seen the importance of Pivots today. And we have another TF to switch to see the "helth" of the cross.

To be continued...

Nina

nina:
Hi!!

Well, another day is almost away (CET).

To be continued...

Nina

Hi Nina,

thank you very much for this methodic and the reports about the trades.

Good trading

Files:

Hi, buddies!!

Zendo:
Hi Nina,

thank you very much for this methodic and the reports about the trades.

Good trading

Thx, Zendo!

Today's entries:

Trade period: 08:00CET to 18:00CET.

EURUSD: no entry.

USDCHF: no entry.

GBPUSD: sold at 1.7716 at 11:00CET. Made a low at 1.7685. +31 pips. StepMa has not validated other crosses.

TOTAL= +31 pips.

Good luck!

Hello Nina

Can you post your StepMA indicator so we can use it too and also explain how you use it to validate these trades ?

thankyou

Yes Nina, I wait for step ma indicator too.

Often a trading method seems simple but in the end it is much more the author/trader thinks of when trading than is in the forum (pivot-lines, yurik which we could see in the jpg-picture, now step ma-indicator), but this system seems to have potential.

If yur4ik is red and under ema50 it seems safe to sell and reverse for buy.

Waiting for step ma and explanation.

Sorry for interruption but I feel that Nina is using StepMA version 6 from Igor (according to the picture). It is on this thread. But I am not really sure about the settings.

As I know Igorad is always programming complex indicators. For example his Price+channel v.6 as he said:

"under ChannelPeriod=9 and Risk=0,3 you get adjusting the indicator ASCTrend1 by default. Under ChannelPeriod=20 and Risk=0 you get Donchian Channel System. Changing ChannelPeriod possible also to get Turtles System and so on. Regarding adjusting the indicator, I prefer to work under Risk=0 and on greater values ChannelPeriod (>9). In new version you will find two new parameters: ColorBar - switch of the painter bar (1-on, 0-off);

TimeFrame - value timeframe in mines (0-current, 5-M5,15-M15,30-M30,60-H1,240-H4,1440-D1,7200-W1,28800-MN1)."

So I am not sure about stepMA v6 because this version six for StepMA is the same version for Price_channel and I think that there are something about settings as well. Probably those two indicators are the part of one system. But I am not sure.

Nina has different system (probably).

Hi, all!!

Sorry for the delay. You know, I'm a journalist. I do not trade for a living. Now I'm engaged in a lot of things. First of all I'm going back to Banda Aceh (Indonesia). Want to know what have (politicians) made with those billions of $ they got from all over the world (80% of the victims still live in camps!!)

Well, to the point. I'll be there from this Sunday to 29/30. So take care of the system, love it, be patient and you'll make money at the end.

Jorgeng:

Yes Nina, I wait for step ma indicator too.
Often a trading method seems simple but in the end it is much more the author/trader thinks of when trading than is in the forum (pivot-lines, yurik which we could see in the jpg-picture, now step ma-indicator), but this system seems to have potential.

Yes, you are right. As we are not robots and we do not trade blindly, there is always a human "thinking" and "feeling". Today, for instance, EURUSD and USDCHF were giving same signals when they should be the opposite. So we can not trade blindly.

If yur4ik is red and under ema50 it seems safe to sell and reverse for buy.

My main indicator is StepMA-Stoch. Default. You can adjust its Kwatr to 1.1 if you want. Just try.

Waiting for step ma and explanation.

We are jumping in when a new bar opens after the cross. It is mandatory that StepMa-Stoch makes the cross too and yellow line opens below (sell)/above (buy). If Step does not do this, the trade is not validated.

Today's entries:

EURUSD was a buy at 1.2009 (09:30cet). Made a high so far at 1.2038. +29pips.

USDCHF was a bay at 1.2850 (10:00cet). Made a high at 1.2856. And now was a sell at 1.2819. -37 pips.

Total till now: -8pips.

I did not take any possie following the system as I do not like the mess we are in till now.

So take care. Going up and down as today is the best way to lose a lot.

I still think the mood is $ down, but it is only a "thought".

Nina

Hi, billm!

billm:
Hello Nina

Can you post your StepMA indicator so we can use it too and also explain how you use it to validate these trades ?

thankyou

Here you are:

Files:

nina:
Sorry for the delay. You know, I'm a journalist. I do not trade for a living. Now I'm engaged in a lot of things. First of all I'm going back to Banda Aceh (Indonesia). Want to know what have (politicians) made with those billions of $ they got from all over the world (80% of the victims still live in camps!!)

Well, maybe we could me when you transit in Jakarta

Hi, Firedave!

firedave:
Well, maybe we could me when you transit in Jakarta

No way. I do not want to go to Jakarta. I go through Kuala Lumpur.

Keep your great job, Firedave.

Nina.