Drummond Geometry ,PLDOT - page 2

Hi all,

I have all of the calculations for the Drummond Indicators, as well as the trading types. I have traded DG since July of '05. It works well, just gets confusing at times since there are 30 lessons to learn.

Pldot as at tedtick.com lesson one

Hi

Great thread.

I modified your pldot elihayun so that it plots on the current bar. This is how they explain it is suppose to be done at www.tedtick.com. Looks very intersting.

Files:
pldot_v1.mq4  3 kb

There's a lot more to Drummond Geometry than just the PLdot. The stuff is a little overcomplicated to me. You aren't really looking for the dot to change directions. You're looking for a loss of momentum. The distance between the dot and the previous dot should be narrower. Then you have to start analyzing shorter time frames to fine tune your entry price.

It also involves drawing trendlines between the dots to give you an idea of where your entry should be. My problem with the system is that Drummond claims that it should perform equally well in both a trending and congested market. I don't find this to be the case because the rules for identifying a congested market are unclear.

Also, it should be noted that the PLdot is supposed to be plotted to the right of the bar, right in between the bars. I don't believe MetaTrader is capable of doing this.

Very interesting.

Here is the envelopel.

I will try to find the code for this.

Files:

fx-programmer:
Very interesting.

Here is the envelopel.

come on now you scumbag... don't even pretend like you created that or have access to the coding.

to anyone interested in having their strategies coded - do yourself a favor and DON'T give them to fx programmer - he will tell you first that it isn't worth his time and then will later on go to post your codes as his own creations - just ask JD about this subject as well!

forextrades:
There's a lot more to Drummond Geometry than just the PLdot. The stuff is a little overcomplicated to me. You aren't really looking for the dot to change directions. You're looking for a loss of momentum. The distance between the dot and the previous dot should be narrower. Then you have to start analyzing shorter time frames to fine tune your entry price.

It also involves drawing trendlines between the dots to give you an idea of where your entry should be. My problem with the system is that Drummond claims that it should perform equally well in both a trending and congested market. I don't find this to be the case because the rules for identifying a congested market are unclear.

Also, it should be noted that the PLdot is supposed to be plotted to the right of the bar, right in between the bars. I don't believe MetaTrader is capable of doing this.

Hi,

1. I actually trade better in congestion markets than I do in trending markets for some reason.

2. Yes, MT has the capability to plot the "Live" indicators as you are referring to. I'll be happy to post screenshots but the indicators aren't up for grabs by anyone. No, MT can't plot the dot in between the bars but it isn't done this way in TradeStation either, since I have those indicators as well.

3. Some of the trendlines are done through the Dot, but that's a smaller portion of them. The most important ones are drawn from the price bars.

Drummond is the best method out there for those willing to put the time in learning it. You always will know what is happening, as it is happening, without question.

scott TTM:
come on now you scumbag... don't even pretend like you created that or have access to the coding. to anyone interested in having their strategies coded - do yourself a favor and DON'T give them to fx programmer - he will tell you first that it isn't worth his time and then will later on go to post your codes as his own creations - just ask JD about this subject as well!

To everyone reading:

FX programmer does have the source code to the TradeStation indicators, since I sent the text file of them to him requesting that he code them into MT indicators for me. Of course then he says it is too much work and that it isn't worth his time, but look now!

He even PM'd me asking if he could code them for me since he didn't know I was the one that he has ripped off getting the code from. Buyers beware!

Hi,

i've looked at the code of PLDot.

It's SMA for typical prices (HLC/3) with period=3 and shift=1.

So I've changed code with iMA function and shift.

Igor

Files:

scott TTM:
To everyone reading:

FX programmer does have the source code to the TradeStation indicators, since I sent the text file of them to him requesting that he code them into MT indicators for me. Of course then he says it is too much work and that it isn't worth his time, but look now!

He even PM'd me asking if he could code them for me since he didn't know I was the one that he has ripped off getting the code from. Buyers beware!

Words like scumbag etc - are not valid in a civil vocbulary so please restrain yourself.

Fx-programmer is the best coder out there (but he codes only stuff that he finds interesting).

And you attack him because he gives everything away to the forum members?

HE DID NOT SAY that he coded the DGBL.

He just said that he will look for the code....

Why are you complaining ? Its his right to give everything to the forum members.

And, its no secret that the best codes are hidden - exactly because of attackers like you.

At least JD gave something to the community , and what did you give us (apart from stating that you are successful)?

Fx-programmer - shared a load of indicators and helped various programmers in here and in the elite section and never claimed that they were his own.

And believe me - I have seen his statements - he codes in Assembly which is 10 times harder than c++, or c#.

So to conclude - if you have a problem with fx-programmer not finding interest in you - that is your problem - but don't take the filth out and blemish a guy which shares with the community as opposed to you.

Oh, and by the way, he made me several ea's which are amazing and did not charge me a thing.

fx-programmer:
Very interesting.

Here is the envelopel.

hi fx-programmer...

I've this indicator and i think its the same of yours...

btw, the autor of this indicator its kalenzo...

Files: