Neural Networks - page 10

prediciting price is surely impossible..

but what if we implement fuzzy logic instead of precision prediction

i.e just predict either it going up or down..

is it applicable?

cos even when using indicator it still not exactly right , right?

it's game of probabilities..

hi

yupss fuzzy logic can be used to determine what's price current condition , it's use statistical strategy but more better use with NN to recognize the pattern

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I can build a DLL that will link your Neursolutions to MQl

MrM:
Hi, does anyone have experience with integrating a dll that contains a trained neural network from Matlab or Neurosolutions into a mq4 script?

Dear,

I can build a C++ DLL that you can use as your link between your neurosolution and your mql4 script. messege me if you still interested.

I think everyone would be interested in that, I've tried to get a dll to work with Matlab's neural network toolbox and it's not easy to do. The toolbox trains the net with a levenberg-marquardt algorithm, and I would like to see some out-of-sample performance statistics...

Neurosolutions would be an equally performant tool to do this I think.

Hello Coders,

i'm working on an multi-agent-system. it evolves with the help of thousend agents and some genetic programming trading strategies. but in mql4 it is very lame. are you interested in? i need some expirience coders, which like to code a dll as interface between mt4 and the MAS.

maybe it is a little bit off-topic but it is AI stuff.

i made a prototype ea which initialise the genomes. my problem is the logic with tree-based structures in mql4. because it is type depentend. sorry for my bad english. but it is a heavy topic to explain right. maybe XML would help, but do not know to implement it.

Thanks in advance

PriNova

great

This is a GREAT thread, forex tsd rocks!!!

Neural Network indicator - Any potential users?

I am a final year computer science student,

As my end of year project, I am creating a web-based charting software (very similar to the Yahoo Finance Charts with all the usual indicators i.e. Stochastics, Moving averages, RSI, etc...)

but with a major addition - the neural network based indicator.

As freely available neural network indicators seem rare, I would like to know:

- if anybody on these forums would consider using such a system? (my charting solution)

- do you have any knowledge about neural networks? (none required)

- any suggestions? or features you would like to see?

Note:

- The aNN (artificial neural network) indicator will be displayed using default setting values (number of hidden neurons, etc...) so that even users with NO knowledge of Neural Networks can use the indicator.

- The aNN indicator will also allow a user to change these default values (for advanced/experimenting users).

- Stock market feeds will be used at first. But FOREX currency pairs data can easily be added.

All comments welcome

Use Neural network to filter out false signals

Hi,

EMA cross gives lots of nice signals when the market is trending. MACD cross gives lots of nice signals when the market is doing range trading. How to filter out the false MACD signals when the market is trending strongly? How to filter out the false EMA cross signals when the market is not trending?

I played with the neural network (artificial intelligence) tonight together with MACD, and doing optimisation. I found that by difference setting of optimisation of Neural network, I can get quite lots of false MACD signals filtered out. Anyway, this just a simple ideers and use very simple one layer Neural network, and for me seems enough nice and easy to filter out the false signals.

Source: link to original Artificial intelligence.mq4 .

link to original MACD+NN. However, I could not make Batohov's EA works, so I put the two ideas together and cook together this MyArtificial intelligence EA. I optimized it on the EURUSD M30 data from 2008-12-18 to 2009-01-05. (you only need to optimizes it for laste 2 weeks market trend. shall do the optimization very weekend.)

In the zip file, please find how to the optimization, or instruction on how to optimize the neural network is here .

Then from the optimization result, you can select one set that filter out less signales, or select the set from optimization result that filter out much more false signals.

I think you can do the same for the EMA cross to filter out many false signals.

I tried many way to filter out the false signals, and using the AI for me, is the simplese and effectivest way.

Little about me: This is my first post here in Forex-tsd and I am 2 weeks new user to Metatrader coding, and has been get contact with metatrader for one month ago. Whatever I do, first I google and check out the ideer first before I coding. I found the lego bites that I want very often. I use the lego bites instead of making them from scratch.

Files:
macdai.zip  165 kb

It's interesting to note, that it is becoming very rare for people to actually understand the complexity behind Neural Networks and the fact that people actually call certain EA's as having a NN network within the code are not really NN's.

It's been stated by very many good coders, that the possibility of implementing a NN center point within an EA in MQL code, is not only extremely complex, most likely beyond the knowledge of most coders, but completely impractical considering the limitations of MQL code.

I by no means have any NN background, but nonetheless, I understand the fact that a NN is constantly being optimized to predict high probability decisions for the future- which to me seems like curve fitting like mad- which is more or less the case for the many EA's being sold today with "NN" models.

Why am I posting this?

Because if you're looking for an NN to make a decisions, a question comes to mind whether you are looking for an easy way out to trade? or you are just blindly and aimlessly curious in the capabilities of "propose" theoretical properties of a Neural Network system.

Btw, I have an I-Gullible MQL Code sitting around, someone wanna pay me a billion for it?

finimej:
Hi,

EMA cross gives lots of nice signals when the market is trending. MACD cross gives lots of nice signals when the market is doing range trading. How to filter out the false MACD signals when the market is trending strongly? How to filter out the false EMA cross signals when the market is not trending?

I played with the neural network (artificial intelligence) tonight together with MACD, and doing optimisation. I found that by difference setting of optimisation of Neural network, I can get quite lots of false MACD signals filtered out. Anyway, this just a simple ideers and use very simple one layer Neural network, and for me seems enough nice and easy to filter out the false signals.

Source: link to original Artificial intelligence.mq4 .

link to original MACD+NN. However, I could not make Batohov's EA works, so I put the two ideas together and cook together this MyArtificial intelligence EA. I optimized it on the EURUSD M30 data from 2008-12-18 to 2009-01-05. (you only need to optimizes it for laste 2 weeks market trend. shall do the optimization very weekend.)

In the zip file, please find how to the optimization, or instruction on how to optimize the neural network is here .

Then from the optimization result, you can select one set that filter out less signales, or select the set from optimization result that filter out much more false signals.

I think you can do the same for the EMA cross to filter out many false signals.

I tried many way to filter out the false signals, and using the AI for me, is the simplese and effectivest way.

Little about me: This is my first post here in Forex-tsd and I am 2 weeks new user to Metatrader coding, and has been get contact with metatrader for one month ago. Whatever I do, first I google and check out the ideer first before I coding. I found the lego bites that I want very often. I use the lego bites instead of making them from scratch.