Neural Networks - page 8

progressapama:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for anyone who have a working Cortex Neural Network Software ( i think the last known version was version 5). If you have a working application please let me know. i need it very urgently to test and train some EA in metatrader 4 . I did purchase a copy from Neural Networks Tutorials and Software but it seems to be missing a "wait.dll" file. They also have a free copy but both of them don't seem to work since they are missing the "wait.dll"

Anyone who has used or have experience with this software . I am basically using it to train and test my Metatrader 4 EAs

I am running it on Windows XP professional with service pack 2.

Any help or suggestion is well appreciated. i need to Finish the EA by this weekend

Only just found your message.

I have been using Cortex for some years without problems. However - I don't have a "wait.dll" with the Cortex software and neither on my machine anywhere so, perhaps you have something else wrong??

I have been running Cortex on XP, win 2000 and years ago on 98 - all worked reasonably well for me so, I doubt if it's anything to do with your XP system...

Mr.M-

My partner and I have created the dll between Matlab and Metaquotes...that was the easier part of the NN quest. It is finding the right net to implement. Maybe you can give us some feedback. We have tried classification, prediction, dynamic and probablistic networks. Lots of trial and error.

Let me know if you are having much success.

Brent

what I've learned so far is that econometrics are not usefull for short-term prediction (forget ARMA etc.), but Matlab is the way to go if you want to gain an edge, if you have all toolboxes and a good theoretical background it's a lot of fun.

Nonlinear methods (like NN, SOM's,...) are great, but don't try to predict anything: I think it's a bridge too far for today's technology, but prediction is not necessary: you are perfectly model the final bar of a timeseries in function of the past bars to see if you are close to a relative extreme value or not.

But the learning curve is not steep. I lost track of how much I spent on amazon for books filled with greek-letter-financial-math

Hi fellow member.

I wanna share this link with you : Neural Networks and Stock / Forex Trading

Please go to the end of the page, you will find 1 NN indic and 1 NN EA in open source.

Great tutorial so far...

Regards.

hi

dswk:
Hi fellow member.

Please go to the end of the page, you will find 1 NN indic and 1 NN EA in open source.

Great tutorial so far...

Regards.

great let's try it

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

dswk:
Hi fellow member.

Great tutorial so far...

Regards.

Btw, here's a comparaison between Bogie-NN-Indicator and the open-source one (Forex_Nn_Ind_juna)... They look pretty similars... strange?

Files:

dswk:
Btw, here's a comparaison between Bogie-NN-Indicator and the open-source one (Forex_Nn_Ind_juna)... They look pretty similars... strange?

yup, it is the same

bogie nn indi lag...

dswk:

How do u trade of that indi? its quite similar to RSI yet it LAGS RSI quite a bit whats the benefit of such an 'advanced' lagging indi?

Files:

frito:
How do u trade of that indi? its quite similar to RSI yet it LAGS RSI quite a bit whats the benefit of such an 'advanced' lagging indi?

From what i've understand it's a "One Trade and Reverse" system.

When the indicator line cross the BuyLevel from upside (here 54), it a buy.

When the indicator line cross the SellLevel from downside (here 74), close your buy and reverse it as a sell.

Good Resources for NN library and Computing power

hi to all ,

these are good resources for NN library in C and C++:

1-FANN library by Steffen Nissen (Fast Artificial Neural Network Library)

Fast Artificial Neural Network Library

2-LWNN library by Peter van Rossum (Light Weight Neural Network Library)

SourceForge.net: Lightweight Neural Network

3-A good hardware acceleration for large computational application:

by using GPU multi processing threads (NVIDIA CUDA , AMD ATI...)

Nvidia is provided a good C library for using GPU power in your application

a comparision:

(Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 : less than 100 GFLOPS (single 32bit float) or (double 64bit float) )

(NVIDIA GTX260 , GTX280: 933 GFLOPS(single 32bit float) and 100 GFLOPS (double 64bit float))

CUDA Zone -- The resource for CUDA developers