MT4 Files Functions Replacement. - page 3

Visual basic is really bad!

gnrslash:
I got it,

unfortunately the dll you sent me make strategybuilder crash.

more I tried to change the linker as explained but it returns a file not found error. sob

You are right, MT4 crashed here too, then I spent all the day trying to figure where the error and finally I discovered that "Visual basic is really bad!"

Even this code didn't work (Although it didn't crash MT4):

Public Function FirstTime(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

FirstTime = 1

End Function

Public Function isTrial(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

isTrial = 1

End Function

Public Function isFull(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

isFull = 1

End Function

codersguru:
You are right, MT4 crashed here too, then I spent all the day trying to figure where the error and finally I discovered that "Visual basic is really bad!"

Even this code didn't work (Although it didn't crash MT4):

Public Function FirstTime(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

FirstTime = 1

End Function

Public Function isTrial(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

isTrial = 1

End Function

Public Function isFull(accnumber As Integer) As Integer

isFull = 1

End Function

I'm glued at the screen too trying to figure out something.

Visual basic is good for normal and fast things but as you try

to do something different it becomes a hell. (notice the on error statement)

Did you try the procedure at Vb Helper you sent the link before?

I'm still not able to compile this dll. it keeps saying "error loading dll"

I'm even searching for some tool, add-in or something but nothing till now

gnrslash:
I'm glued at the screen too trying to figure out something.

Visual basic is good for normal and fast things but as you try

to do something different it becomes a hell. (notice the on error statement)

Did you try the procedure at Vb Helper you sent the link before?

I'm still not able to compile this dll. it keeps saying "error loading dll"

I'm even searching for some tool, add-in or something but nothing till now

I was one of Visual Basic loyal fans for 5 years; it scared me to learn C++.

But now as a Visual C++ developer I feel the difference.

Visual basic is good for normal and fast things but it is not a real programming language (I'm sorry )

Could you give me the time to convert your Visual basic code to Visual C++? is it useful for you to convert it?

About the procedure at Vb Helper, I used it and I made the dll I sent to you. But it still bad dll (I think it's not pure win32 dll, it's an activex control because you can register and unregister it with regsvr32.exe"

codersguru:
I was one of Visual Basic loyal fans for 5 years; it scared me to learn C++.

But now as a Visual C++ developer I feel the difference.

Visual basic is good for normal and fast things but it is not a real programming language (I'm sorry )

Could you give me the time to convert your Visual basic code to Visual C++? is it useful for you to convert it?

About the procedure at Vb Helper, I used it and I made the dll I sent to you. But it still bad dll (I think it's not pure win32 dll, it's an activex control because you can register and unregister it with regsvr32.exe"

You will do me a great favour converting the code, I wouldn't know how to thank you.

But maybe I'll have to edit here and then, small things i suppose, after the testing. I'll try to import your converted code in the vc++ compiler but since I never used it maybe I'll need your help again.

You're welcome.

gnrslash:
You will do me a great favour converting the code, I wouldn't know how to thank you. But maybe I'll have to edit here and then, small things i suppose, after the testing. I'll try to import your converted code in the vc++ compiler but since I never used it maybe I'll need your help again.

gnrslash,

You're welcome.

I'll do my best to convert it to VC++, We are here to help each others and to make this forum the BEST .

Sorry for the delay, thank you very much for the extra functions, take care.

Very exciting!

I just came across this thread after searching for several days. I've been looking for something very similar, and would like to participate in the effort if possible. Is there a way that you could add a function to run an external program? if I could do that, I would be able to pass a command line string (xml) to a c# program I have. From there I could do whatever I wanted with the data. My current goal is to send it via a winsock control to a listening client, so in reality, another cool function to have in the dll you are working on is direct winsock function calls.

Could you also email me with the dll/code you have developed?

Thanks!

Yes, separating the winsock from the other file functions is what I had in mind as well - I didn't want to push my luck in directly asking for it though ;-)

As for winsock, I hadn't thought much of listening and receiving, because I didn't think it would be possible from MT. But if so, that would open up a whole new world of possibilities - controlling mt4 from outside. Sort of gets around the non-existent mt4 API issue???

Interesting thoughts. Thanks in advance for what you can do!

Also, I'm not an expert, but from the little I've learned about winsock, the listening functions are blocking functions, which means (I think) that the application (mt4) needs to be multi threaded. It would have to switch back and forth between listening for an incoming message, and doing its own work.

for what its worth...