Alert("Silvertrend DOWN signal!!!"); }

if (Close[shift]>smax)

{

uptrend = true;

Alert("Silvertrend UP signal!!!");

}

THANKS KERIS2112!!

Draw trendline?

I am wondering how to draw a trend/horizontal/vertical lines.

Thanks.

EA only open sell

Maybe Codersguru or Keris can help me with this.

I'm testing the attached EA but only sell trade are open. Why?

Thank you.

Btw Keris2112 thanks for you explanation regarding JMA Slope.

Files:
ma2cci.mq4  8 kb

Another Question

Mabye someone can tell me why i have to refresh that indicator to see it on the window chart and else indicators show immediately after load.

Files:
sar_color.mq4  3 kb

FX4EVER:
I was expecting to see few consecutive bars with Open=High=Low=Close (taken from previous minute Close) and Vol=0 during slow (no ticks) market.

I was surprised that, bars are not evenly spaced in one minute intervals. It looks like the time difference between two consecutive bars is random and always longer than one minute.

FX4EVER

On my IBFX bid based charts, if there is no trading on the broker's server, then there are no ticks sent to the client terminal, and 1 min & some 5 min bars may start "non-sequentially." This helps maintain the integrity and continuity of indicators. check out a demo account with Oanda to see what happens to indicators such as MACD, Stochastics or RSI when Open=High=Low=Close for a number of bars...continuity is lost.

Bars Quoted Time.

Thanks for your replay.

It looks like I have been misunderstood.

Let me try differently, I expect that all bars on M1 chart will be spaced evenly. That is, if quoted time on one of the bars equals X, than the next bar time (going to the left side of the screen) should be X+60sec. Next... X+120sec.

What I found was that time difference between quoted times on two consecutive time was not frequently longer than 1 minute. Some time it was more than two minutes.

Do you suggest that if two consecutive bars are spaced 70sec, I have missed one bar 10sec ago? I am not sure what to think of it.

Is there something wrong with my: internet connection, software installation, broker, software bug or perhaps bars generation follows some conventions I am unaware of.

It is hard for me to accept the fact that the time scale shrinks and stretches. It would make difficult to make slope assessment on the screen in terms of pips per minute.

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've got a lot of private messages asking me for helping with some pieces of code.

Here you can post your questions related to MQL4, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hi guru ,can bt be and ea base on the dot or the arrow?Like when the arrow appear pointing up it go buy at that instant,and reverse when it point down? cheers audio

Info about an email alert?????

Hey Coders,

Keep up the good work on the lessons. I'm just about to start 17 and can't wait for the rest. I've got one question. I can identify the alert and get audio and arrow on screen. Is there a line of code that I could email the alert to an email account? As in email a small text message to your cell phone notifying you of an open/close of a position or a key cross or something. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mookfx

hi coder

i am trying to make an indicatore that shows parabolic sar dots of the m15,m30,h1 time frames together in one chart but i have som problems can you help me?