IFXSI - page 2

Forward testing

JDUN,

Thanks for your post. I look forward to hearing what the results of your forward testing on 15 minute charts brings.

FXSI hasn't really been backtested much and certainly hasn't been optimized. Mostly, I have just gone back and looked at past charts and signals and eyeballed them to see if it looked like there was any potential there. Most of the obvious good moves were on 1 hour and 4 hour charts, but I'd be thrilled to know if it could be traded on shorter time frames.

I have forward tested it in live trading and haven't had a losing trade yet, though there haven't been enough trades to be statistically significant. Also, I pretty much took profits quickly and didn't let them run as long as they could or should have.

Again, I will be looking forward to your results and any settings (stop losses, target profits, etc.) that you find profitable on 15 minute or other time frames.

following it here on the 4 majors. will let u know how it goes

A question about the EA. Does the EA buy/sell by itself? For testing I leave the EA to do it job without human interference. The EA keep alert me if I want to open a position. It does not do trade automatically from what I understand from testing today or am I doing something wrong? I don't trade on Firday so I will restart the test on Sunday.

Live trading

That's a very good question JDUN. First, let me acknowledge that while the idea and directions for FXSI are mine, I did not do the programming. I outsourced that to a fine programmer named Yaroslav at forex-experts.com.

I also have to admit that while I've been using MT since MT3, I have never had a live account with a broker who uses it and thus haven't ever traded this or any other EA "live".

However, it is my belief... that this EA could in fact be traded live if you were so inclined to do so. I believe you have to check the box saying "Allow Live Trading" in the EA properties box. How it actually manages or records them without a live account with an MT4 broker is beyond me.

Perhaps someone with more experience (that would be any experience) with trading EA's live can be of some assistance here.

If you do figure it out... please please please trade it on a demo account first. Don't risk real money until you've forward tested this on different pairs and different time frames and it meets or exceeds your expectations.

I will always trade in a demo account for a great length of time before I commit any more to an EA.

I have restarted forward testing on this EA. If it does well I will keep on testing it. I will try to post daily result if I have time.

First day result has been posted.

result

auto trading

JDUN,

I think I may have misunderstood your earlier question about whether the EA trades automatically or not.

I believe all you need to do is set your properties on the expert to not require confirmation prior to a trade to stop the EA from asking you if you want to take a trade.

advice

a piece of advice change

Ifxsi Band_peroid to (100)

give good signals

and much

time frame?

MJ10,

Thanks for the suggestion.

What time frame are you finding the best signals on...?

LKD