The Murrey Math Trading System - page 99

Alert on Murray Level

Hi, I'm just to know, can we put the alert & message window when price touch on Murray Levels?

Hi!

Please help me!

There are many MurreyMath indicators in the net, and the almost all of this indicators display different results In this thread presented also many indicators, but I want to know what indicator really display right results?

Thanks!

jerrimix:
Hi!

Please help me!

There are many MurreyMath indicators in the net, and the almost all of this indicators display different results In this thread presented also many indicators, but I want to know what indicator really display right results?

Thanks!

There is a fundamental question that we have and we don't have an official answer. The question is if currencies should be base2 MM or base10 MM. I found that GBPUSD can work from base2 or base10, but my research indicates EURUSD works from base10 despite claims by Murrey in his book it should be base2 (although he didn't make that claim directly). In MM trading platform, Murrey inverted the USDJPY and then applied a base2 function. So the MM trading platform has JPYUSD with base2 lines. I didn't check the lines or math, but it is plausible.

A visual test over a year of data should show many many bounces off the 0/8 and 8/8 lines. The 1/8 and 7/8 seem statistically true, but the 64 rules of stocks don't apply to forex. The zones of conflict don't work in forex.

Don't forget that there are often half shifts in the MM lines, so 4/8 and either -4/8 or +4/8 are the new 0/8 and 8/8 lines temporarily.

daraknor:
There is a fundamental question that we have and we don't have an official answer. The question is if currencies should be base2 MM or base10 MM. I found that GBPUSD can work from base2 or base10, but my research indicates EURUSD works from base10 despite claims by Murrey in his book it should be base2 (although he didn't make that claim directly). In MM trading platform, Murrey inverted the USDJPY and then applied a base2 function. So the MM trading platform has JPYUSD with base2 lines. I didn't check the lines or math, but it is plausible.

A visual test over a year of data should show many many bounces off the 0/8 and 8/8 lines. The 1/8 and 7/8 seem statistically true, but the 64 rules of stocks don't apply to forex. The zones of conflict don't work in forex.

Don't forget that there are often half shifts in the MM lines, so 4/8 and either -4/8 or +4/8 are the new 0/8 and 8/8 lines temporarily.

Thank you for the answer! And what you say about version by Xard777? I think that I need to adjust period P for any currencies! Why the 64 rule not work in Forex? What value of P should be used for EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY and etc.???

I think Xard777's indicators are a faithful interpretation of Murrey Math. I'm not using Murrey Math, but I do use parts of it in calculating things. Sometimes my numbers agree with MM but usually not. It appears GBPUSD is dual compatible with both methods of calculating things and so it is a nice currency to use MM on.

Sometimes I use MM terminology because the same sort of principles apply. My method of calculation is MM slightly adjusted to work for forex. The rules don't work because the market pressures, timing, etc are not the same. For example, Murrey claims that if you have a very steep price incline, that it will be followed by a bounce off 7/8 and then a sharp decline. In forex a steep incline is instant or almost instant during news and it just screws up the Murrey Math lines. It usually takes a news event to violate the lines (of GBPUSD and other currencies it tends to work on) but the speed rule simply doesn't apply to news.

I don't know what P is, I don't use any variable with a name like that. I have a few variables but they are probably very different and since I don't use MM, the values would be different too.

murrey math

daraknor:
I think Xard777's indicators are a faithful interpretation of Murrey Math. I'm not using Murrey Math, but I do use parts of it in calculating things. Sometimes my numbers agree with MM but usually not. It appears GBPUSD is dual compatible with both methods of calculating things and so it is a nice currency to use MM on.

Sometimes I use MM terminology because the same sort of principles apply. My method of calculation is MM slightly adjusted to work for forex. The rules don't work because the market pressures, timing, etc are not the same. For example, Murrey claims that if you have a very steep price incline, that it will be followed by a bounce off 7/8 and then a sharp decline. In forex a steep incline is instant or almost instant during news and it just screws up the Murrey Math lines. It usually takes a news event to violate the lines (of GBPUSD and other currencies it tends to work on) but the speed rule simply doesn't apply to news.

I don't know what P is, I don't use any variable with a name like that. I have a few variables but they are probably very different and since I don't use MM, the values would be different too.

hi, daraknor, by base of 10 and base 0f 2 what do u mean?

i think u are refering to mulipying the euro by 10,000 or 1,000 working the murrey math lines and then dividing it by 10,000 again. i went through the notes by tk and i found that even though the bond were priced at 0.7 something, murrey rescaled them by 10,000 and i wondered why he just did not use one of the square's he says to use.

my question is in forex do we need to rescale the currrencies to work out the murrey math lines or use the values murrey gives us in the tables?

thanks

You figured out what I meant exactly, good job. The way I tell which method I should calculate is by looking at the history and see if it bounces off the lines. Generally you'll see some big long run, and then a bounce *to the pip* off the line on the ECN. Broker data gets a little fuzzier and it is usually within 3 pips. If you see that happen a few times in the past day or so, it is a good indication you got the right settings.

I tried to write an automatic way of switching/detecting the settings and I simply failed. The code method was about 30-35% accurate, the human method was about 85-95% accurate.

Goen:
I (newbie) got new experience by adding alert to this indicators, it's not easy as it looks but it challenge me hahaha

It's break my longest time record adding alert to an indicator.

No wonder that no one add the alert yet

Hope it's usefull for you guys...

Goen

Thanks bro for your effort. Really appreciate it .

Goen:
I (newbie) got new experience by adding alert to this indicators, it's not easy as it looks but it challenge me hahaha

It's break my longest time record adding alert to an indicator.

No wonder that no one add the alert yet

Hope it's usefull for you guys...

Goen

Thanks Goen.

FerruFx

onetarmizi:
Thanks bro for your effort. Really appreciate it .
FerruFx:
Thanks Goen. FerruFx

You're welcome, glad could help