Pivot indicators - page 41

jayjas:
Actually that is what i have been looking for also.

1. Is it possible to add a timeshift to this indicator?Brokers server timezones varies, so it affects pivots calculations

2.I am not lucky to switch on the labels, so i dont know if it show text and price or only price. But Text (DP, R1, S1) and price would be perfect on this tool.

3. Is it possible to do the same with weekly and monthly pivots? I can post several indicators in needed for code alteration.

Best regards

Jay

P.S. Thanks CJA, even as it is now, it is great indicator

2. If i understand correctly, you wanted to manually change text labels?

If so, i made it correctly

pivots_cja.mq4

Files:
pivots_cja.mq4  11 kb

Can someone please edit this indicator to make the values show up along the lines

Hi dimaxx

dimaxx:
2. If i understand correctly, you wanted to manually change text labels?

If so, i made it correctly

pivots_cja.mq4

Hi dimaxx, thanks very much, appreciatte your quick reply and effort, may pips be with you mate.

I was getting strange results...but i finally managed the problem. It was about zoom of the charts....when my chart was zoomed in, i didnt see labels...

Do you think it would be possible to add those label indormation also to the Hi/Low information?

And secondly do you think you would be able to put timeshift option to this indicator?

jayjas:
Hi dimaxx, thanks very much, appreciatte your quick reply and effort, may pips be with you mate.

I was getting strange results...but i finally managed the problem. It was about zoom of the charts....when my chart was zoomed in, i didnt see labels...

Do you think it would be possible to add those label indormation also to the Hi/Low information?

And secondly do you think you would be able to put timeshift option to this indicator?

i'm working on GMTSHifting. it's hard to me, i'm not a coder. but i give it a try.

This site has lots of indicators. Thanks for posting them. Helped me on my trade. By the way, I found a new site, algosys8 that offers indicators. Check them

Good one dimaxx

dimaxx:
i'm working on GMTSHifting. it's hard to me, i'm not a coder. but i give it a try.

Thanks dimaxx....appreciate your effort....i have zero knowlege about coding, i wish i could do something about it also. My background is in social sciences, so completelly different world. But desperation is good teacher, so i am trying to look at codes lately. So far i have been able to change color at some indicators....

jayjas:
Thanks dimaxx....appreciate your effort....i have zero knowlege about coding, i wish i could do something about it also. My background is in social sciences, so completelly different world. But desperation is good teacher, so i am trying to look at codes lately. So far i have been able to change color at some indicators....

I believe there are many like you and me - Zero at coding, but willing to be coders. First i started to read MQL Book and then just looking at codes just figure out how they work and what can be changed.

So far i changed many indicators just to fit my needs. I like indicators that provide good signals and chart is pleasing to my eyes.

I saw many people use setups like this:

My setup look like this: (pivots still need gmt offset )

Files:
2_1.gif  41 kb
3_1.gif  31 kb

Nice setup dimaxx

dimaxx:
I believe there are many like you and me - Zero at coding, but willing to be coders. First i started to read MQL Book and then just looking at codes just figure out how they work and what can be changed.

So far i changed many indicators just to fit my needs. I like indicators that provide good signals and chart is pleasing to my eyes.

I saw many people use setups like this:

My setup look like this: (pivots still need gmt offset )

Hi dimaxx,

Nice setup, i like your note about visually pleasing trading environment, i am looking for the very same thing, and find it very important.

I hope some member here will not take my comment as criticism, but producing pivot point indicator without timeshift option is big misunderstanding of pivot point concept (calculation) and actually it is useless indicator then.

Still i see wast majority of pivot indicators being produced without this timeshift option. Just my 2 cents to this theme.

Thanks dimaxx for your effort

Jay

jayjas:
Hi dimaxx,

Nice setup, i like your note about visually pleasing trading environment, i am looking for the very same thing, and find it very important.

I hope some member here will not take my comment as criticism, but producing pivot point indicator without timeshift option is big misunderstanding of pivot point concept (calculation) and actually it is useless indicator then.

Still i see wast majority of pivot indicators being produced without this timeshift option. Just my 2 cents to this theme.

Thanks dimaxx for your effort

Jay

You are 100% right. Not all mt4 brokers are in the same gmt zone. Without shifting it gives false levels. Lets take last friday GBP/USD pair

CJA Pivot indicator gives first S1 level at 5314. But if i check it on Dukascopy page its 5284 - difference is 30 pips.

I sent PM to CJA, may be he can fix his own indicator, but he says he's on vocation. Maybe when he's back, he will do that....

BTW. My broker is Admiral Markets and it needs +1 gmt shift. My friend has his account at Forex.co.uk and no need in shifting, lucky....

But thats not a reason to move - he pays 25$ for every withdrawl, i pay only 4,95$

Files:
duk.gif  4 kb
s11.gif  3 kb

Pivot GMTShift

dimaxx:
You are 100% right. Not all mt4 brokers are in the same gmt zone. Without shifting it gives false levels. Lets take last friday GBP/USD pair

CJA Pivot indicator gives first S1 level at 5314. But if i check it on Dukascopy pageits 5284 - difference is 30 pips.

I sent PM to CJA, may be he can fix his own indicator, but he says he's on vocation. Maybe when he's back, he will do that....

BTW. My broker is Admiral Markets and it needs +1 gmt shift. My friend has his account at Forex.co.uk and no need in shifting, lucky....

But thats not a reason to move - he pays 25$ for every withdrawl, i pay only 4,95$

I got some spare time so managed to get this done it uses arrow code for the levels which are

3 = Small arrows

4 = small short lines

6 = Price boxes

pivots_gmtshift.mq4

Files: