About virtual server...

Hi,

‌‌I am planning to use mql5's virtual server as a signal provider. My signal includes an expert advisor (EA).

I‌ am a new person in here. And, I have a question. When I set virtual server, it is necessary to use my local metatrader.

W‌hen I do not open my local metatrader, I wonder if my ea can run. I am confused. 

M‌urat

Virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5: How it works
Virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5: How it works
  • www.mql5.com
The virtual hosting service allows creating a copy of your trading platform on a remote server. Run your trading robots and copy deals of professional signal providers on a virtual platform 24 hours a day.

Thank you! However, there is one thing which is unclear. We assume I have 3 opened positions in my local metatrader. Than, I carry my account to virtual server with my EA.

Will 3 opened position c-be closed before carring and run again EA in virtual server?

Murat Y.

Murat Yazici:

Thank you! However, there is one thing which is unclear. We assume I have 3 opened positions in my local metatrader. Than, I carry my account to virtual server with my EA.

Will 3 opened position c-be closed before carring and run again EA in virtual server?

Murat Y.

All positions that are not associated with the EA will not be affected, you can close or modify them manually if you want.