moving averages do really work?

Can i find a perfect combination between several moving averages or several moving averages and some other indicator, 

and i will find the holy grail, or they all  already've been exploited?

mrluck1:

Can i find a perfect combination between several moving averages or several moving averages and some other indicator, 

Yes they do really work in higher timeframes.

if they only work in higher timeframes, what actually does work on 5 min chart? 

They work some time,not always.
But one thing always work,brain.
So friend,instead of following these MA's and into other indicators,learn how to trade.
Don't take it otherwise,I am sorry if hurted your feelings anyhow.

anurag bhargava:
They work some time,not always.
But one thing always work,brain.
So friend,instead of following these MA's and into other indicators,learn how to trade.
Don't take it otherwise,I am sorry if hurted your feelings anyhow.
Quite Agree  indicators can not help in manual trading  ,  but  we mostly use these for auto trading , Like someone asked to me  when warren buffet does trading in past that time wasn't these indicators and ea's how this question can surprised us but I said that time wasn't cell phones  now we use !!!

Waseem Raza:
Quite Agree  indicators can not help in manual trading  ,  but  we mostly use these for auto trading , Like someone asked to me  when warren buffet does trading in past that time wasn't these indicators and ea's how this question can surprised us but I said that time wasn't cell phones  now we use !!!
Yes,use them,I don't mind using them,me too use one of the indicator.
But using them blindly,and arguing the price movements because of any indicator or any EA suggesting so,i think it's foolish.
Using indicators with brains and strategy can be useful,alone they r equally harmful for trading.

but if moving averages fails so much at lower timeframes, whats the best way or indicator to use for scalping, in your opinion? 

mrluck1:
but if moving averages fails so much at lower timeframes, whats the best way or indicator to use for scalping, in your opinion? 
means you are trading blindly. you need to see other "factors" too

mrluck1:
Bigger time frames more effective 

mrluck1:
if they only work in higher timeframes, what actually does work on 5 min chart? 
It is very difficult trend trade in 5 Min charts. You shall try Grid based strategies to make use of market volatility (Ex: Hedged Grid Strategy) at your own risk.

mrluck1:

I have trade sometimes with Moving Averages and used it with other indicators, but never found the Holy Grail for myself. What I have learned is that when you recognize the candlestick patterns and combined this with some Moving Averages and/if indicators, you can create your own system that works for you. I believe that trading is something personal and that you have to figure out which timeframe(s) you want to trade and what fits you best. For me the H1 and H4 is working the best for me, but that is personal. Waseem Raza has right: Bigger time frames are more effective! Good trading luck!