Margin and pips

Hi, I lost my beloved Marketscope platform, bc. of the FXCM mess.
Now I'm trying to get used to MT4 and I'm baffled.
Many things I took for granted are simply not available.

Three things I miss very much right now and I would appreciate help, bc I am simply overwhelmed with the unwieldability of MT4: 

I need a way to calculate the margin before I open a trade. Also showing the margin used for each open position is something I want.

I can not see the P/L in pips anywhere on the chart or on the position list. I'm used to this being displayed right in the chart. Is there a way to do this?

How can I make the buy/sell function display SL and TP in pips and in currency? Again: This is basic stuff, it's not there.

Searching for all this is pretty impossible, bc. IF it is there at all, it is buried somewhere on page 209 of the search results.

Oh, and if there is a way to squish and expand the chart horizontally, I really would love to know. I miss this ability badly. So much easier to draw lines.

Any help? Help me get over that most devastating loss............

cheers

Armin

Armin Hanik:

Hi, I lost my beloved Marketscope platform, bc. of the FXCM mess.
Now I'm trying to get used to MT4 and I'm baffled.
Many things I took for granted are simply not available.

Three things I miss very much right now and I would appreciate help, bc I am simply overwhelmed with the unwieldability of MT4: 

I need a way to calculate the margin before I open a trade. Also showing the margin used for each open position is something I want.

I can not see the P/L in pips anywhere on the chart or on the position list. I'm used to this being displayed right in the chart. Is there a way to do this?

How can I make the buy/sell function display SL and TP in pips and in currency? Again: This is basic stuff, it's not there.

Searching for all this is pretty impossible, bc. IF it is there at all, it is buried somewhere on page 209 of the search results.

Oh, and if there is a way to squish and expand the chart horizontally, I really would love to know. I miss this ability badly. So much easier to draw lines.

Any help? Help me get over that most devastating loss............

cheers

Armin

There are some utilities or scripts for this kind of help, you should try searching the Market for: margin or position calculator

Armin Hanik: Now I'm trying to get used to MT4 and I'm baffled.

How can I make the buy/sell function display SL and TP in pips and in currency?

1. You should have posted in the MT4 section instead of the MT5 general.
  2. Margin is your brokers SL, you mean risk.
  3. There isn't any, use the cross hair tool, or find code.
  4. Use a GUI: Indicators: 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' Forum - Page 5