Feature in StrategyTester

I do not know if this is possible already but if not I believe it would be a useful feature.

Before starting a new combination of input parameter a user exit should be taken where the combination could be rejected or accepted. An example is when using crossing averages.

If the long and the short period are of the same length or the long period is shorter than the short period these combination should be possible to reject. Just an example.

ingvar_e:

I do not know if this is possible already but if not I believe it would be a useful feature.

Before starting a new combination of input parameter a user exit should be taken where the combination could be rejected or accepted. An example is when using crossing averages.

If the long and the short period are of the same length or the long period is shorter than the short period these combination should be possible to reject. Just an example.

Just add a check for this in OnInit() and if true set a bool SkipTesting = true,  then in OnTick() check this b0ol and if true return(0) immediately . . .

RaptorUK:
Just add a check for this in OnInit() and if true set a bool SkipTesting = true,  then in OnTick() check this b0ol and if true return(0) immediately . . .

With mql5, you can use something like above in OnInit()

return(INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT);

see documentation.

angevoyageur:

With mql5, you can use something like above in OnInit()

see documentation.

Simple as that :-)

Thanks.