Is it possible to remove the "Show Trade Panel" arrow using MQL4 expert advisor?

I am writing a basket trading ea, and so I am replacing the whole chart window with a custom user interface.  To do this, I have written an initialization function that removes all the stuff that the chart shows by default, so that I can start with a black screen.

This works well, but I have not found a way to remove the small down pointing arrow at the top-left of the chart.  This tiny arrow is used to show and hide the "Trade Panel" interface which I would like to remove from the chart.  Even more annoyingly, that little arrow appears on top of every object I create, so there doesn't seem to be a way just to cover it with a black rectangle object.  I found that by using the "Colour Properties" menu in MT4 and setting the foreground colour to black makes it invisible, but it's still there.  Strangely, if I use the "CHART_COLOR_FOREGROUND" property in my ea and set it to black, then that pesky arrow is still there showing in white.

Does anyone have any MQL4 code that can be used to remove that arrow completely, or is there some other way I can stop it from being overlayed on top of my interface?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is the code I am using to blank the chart:

void MT4_Initialize()
{
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_GRID,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_OHLC,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_BID_LINE,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_ASK_LINE,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_TRADE_LEVELS,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_DATE_SCALE,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_PRICE_SCALE,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_VOLUMES,0,0);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_MODE,0,CHART_LINE);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_COLOR_CHART_LINE,0,clrNONE);
  ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_COLOR_BACKGROUND,0,clrBlack);
}

kenshin71:

Does anyone have any MQL4 code that can be used to remove that arrow completely, or is there some other way I can stop it from being overlayed on top of my interface?

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_ONE_CLICK,0,false);

Alain Verleyen: CHART_SHOW_ONE_CLICK
Not listed in List of MQL4 Constants - MQL4 Reference

Never mind, it works.

Thankyou.  Works here too.  You've made my day.:)

Is there an API call to hide the trade panel without hiding the "down" arrow next to it?

When I hide and then restore the trade panel, using the two calls below, it always pops the panel open rather than just showing the arrow next to the symbol name.

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_ONE_CLICK,0,0);

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_ONE_CLICK,0,1);
Is it possible to remove the "Show Trade Panel" arrow using MQL4 expert advisor?
  • www.mql5.com
I am writing a basket trading ea, and so I am replacing the whole chart window with a custom user interface...