tester stopped because OnInit failed - page 2

Vladimir Karputov:

I checked your example on

- launched a single test -> no errors

- I started testing on the history -> there are no errors.

I wonder what you are doing and on which hardware? How do you get the error? Describe your actions step by step.

Added: in case of any errors, I strongly recommend reading everything that is written in the "Journal" tab.

Thank you for getting back to me Vladimir. 

Sorry for coming forth as dumb but I only discovered MQL over the weekend, so this is all brand new to me.

I found this line "2019.11.07 11:26:20.071 Core 1 2019.11.01 00:00:00   CExpert::ValidationSettings: error money parameters" before the error. Even though I did not set any parameters w.r.t. money.

Wait I did. There was no symbol so I chose "BTCUSD". Sorry about that...

Martin Botha :

Thank you for getting back to me Vladimir. 

Sorry for coming forth as dumb but I only discovered MQL over the weekend, so this is all brand new to me.

I found this line " 2019.11.07 11:26:20.071 Core 1 2019.11.01 00:00:00   CExpert::ValidationSettings: error money parameters " before the error. Even though I did not set any parameters w.r.t. money.

This means that you ALWAYS changed the parameters - in the end, you transferred the curved parameters to the adviser.

Correct the parameters to normal.

Vladimir Karputov:

This means that you ALWAYS changed the parameters - in the end, you transferred the curved parameters to the adviser.

I just did and it does not want to run without selecting a symbol.

Vladimir Karputov:

Got it!!! It is a daft mistake!

The "Balance" is 4 995 USD!

Thanks SO much for pushing me in the right direction Vladimir!

But I do have to ask - Is my conclusion correct?

Martin Botha:

Got it!!! It is a daft mistake!

The "Balance" is 4 995 USD!

Thanks SO much for pushing me in the right direction Vladimir!

But I do have to ask - Is my conclusion correct?

"... Is my conclusion correct? "

The answer is in the wind...