GitHub now supports the MQL5 and MQL4 languages - page 2

Great news !

This would bring MQL4/MQL5 many benefit from community.

Alain Verleyen:
For sure you are not an average user. vi ? really ? why not ed ?
ed felt a bit too much like punch cards. And 2 months of punch cards was more than enough

Alain Verleyen vi ? really ? why not ed ?
I used ed for five years :)

As long as I continue to give useful tools for teamwork is fine, that's what I like about Github

great old news :D

Fernando Carreiro:
Are there any plans to integrate GitHub (or generic Git) functionality into the MetaEditor for version control (such as for example, similar to the way it is available in Microsoft Visual Studio)?

have you found the answer to this?

does anyone have a best practice on how to manage an EA / indicator code base on github while using metaeditor?

Jakeshbazi r:

have you found the answer to this?

does anyone have a best practice on how to manage an EA / indicator code base on github while using metaeditor?

Yeah that'll be great to have this feature inside the editor.

MetaQuotes:

We are happy to announce that one of the largest Git hosting services GitHub now officially supports the MQL5 and MQL4 programming languages. Now, developers of trading robots and indicators can use all the possibilities of the GitHub web interface, including access to the statistics of the repository languages, automatic syntax highlighting while browsing the source code, and filtering of search results by language.

Is there any documentation on how to connect your MQL5 project to a github repo?