Noob Query!

Hey, as topic says I'm a noob MT5 user. It seems to me that mt5 is always downloading all and everything he wants and I don't know exactly what they are! (guess mostly historic data?) Is it possible to stop it? I suppose when I open a chart mt5 starts to download lots of historic data of the symbol, but what if I don't want them? I'd like to open 7-8 chart of different symbols, but loading them takes a while and I really don't need them. It was (is) more convenient with mt4 to download just what you really need using History Center. What is the necessity omitting "History Center"?

Ok another question. I checked the history folder of "MetaQuotes-Demo" and there was EURUSD historic data back to year 2001 all downloaded. But when I want to run a sample expert on strategy tester from January 2010 to July, it starts to download the history again!! wth is going on?

elpielen:
Hey, as topic says I'm a noob MT5 user. It seems to me that mt5 is always downloading all and everything he wants and I don't know exactly what they are! (guess mostly historic data?) Is it possible to stop it? I suppose when I open a chart mt5 starts to download lots of historic data of the symbol, but what if I don't want them? I'd like to open 7-8 chart of different symbols, but loading them takes a while and I really don't need them. It was (is) more convenient with mt4 to download just what you really need using History Center. What is the necessity omitting "History Center"?

I cannot see a History center in MT5 (yet).

In MT4, making a chart offline would help.  But I don't see offline feature in MT5.

So you are kind of stuck with this situation (if I understood right your question) 

ifmihai:

I cannot see a History center in MT5 (yet).

In MT4, making a chart offline would help.  But I don't see offline feature in MT5.

So you are kind of stuck with this situation (if I understood right your question) 

It's a pity. History Center was handy.