Timemanagement and Backtesting

Hi,

I want to trade and backtest a strategy which is only working at a defined German time on the German stock index and there are also times in a day which I want to exclude e.g. 14:30.

The german dax is running in my metatrader (Brokertime)

-at summertime from 6 - 20 o’clock  >> German time = UTC + 2

-at wintertime: 7...19 o’clock  >> German time = UTC + 1

So I have the following questions:

1)How can I change my chart, so that I can see the actual German time on the timeline?

2)How can I change my expert advisor, so that the ea automatically trade at the real time?

...should I integrate a function in my ea that calculates the correct german time for trading?

3)How can I backtest my ea?

...do I have to change the hst-data files and backtest with offline charts?

What is the best way to handle that problem?

sunshineh:

Hi,

I want to trade and backtest a strategy which is only working at a defined German time on the German stock index and there are also times in a day which I want to exclude e.g. 14:30.

The german dax is running in my metatrader (Brokertime)

-at summertime from 6 - 20 o’clock  >> German time = UTC + 2

-at wintertime: 7...19 o’clock  >> German time = UTC + 1

So I have the following questions:

1)How can I change my chart, so that I can see the actual German time on the timeline?

2)How can I change my expert advisor, so that the ea automatically trade at the real time?

...should I integrate a function in my ea that calculates the correct german time for trading?

3)How can I backtest my ea?

...do I have to change the hst-data files and backtest with offline charts?

What is the best way to handle that problem?

1. You can't

2. Everything will work off broker time. You add an extra requirement before opening the trade that your time criteria is met, as compensated for the difference between Broker and German time.

3. Again, you are best to make you EA compensate for the difference rather than edit your history.  

I 'converted' all times to GMT..