Random different loading and working paths

Hello,

I noticed a problem in MT4 which is the fact that sometimes the working directory is in Program Files and some others times it is appdata\roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ .

I haven't been able to notice any patterns when such a path is switched. This is a bit problematic since any new settings and scripts which are made are lost. For instance, I would need to add any new charts and indicators to the new session and I also have to port any scripts.

Kindly note that I tried 2 different MT4 versions from 2 different brokers and the problem still persisted.

Any ideas how can I fix this issue and keep the same working directory? Ideally this would be the Program Files one.

P.S. I am running it on Windows 7

Thanks in advance 

It sounds like sometimes you are running it in portable mode and sometimes you are not.

SDC:
It sounds like sometimes you are running it in portable mode and sometimes you are not.

Yes but I am always using the same shortcut that's the what's strange. Apart from this, I also tried loading it directly from program files. However, sometimes when select to edit a script, it is still loaded from appdata