iCustom & Speed => put in a variable if multiple use?

Hi there,

In my EA, i look for some signals based in external indicators i call with "iCustoms". The issue is that i call like 50 times the indicator and although they have some different settings, there is maybe 10 unique iCustoms.

So my idea to speed it up would be to first store the 10 iCustoms in some variable and then use the variable in my signal search.

Would that speed up the process ? (i guess so, or maybe MT4 holds the figure in memory and dont recalculate it each time when the settings are the same?-)

Any idea?

Thanks
Greg

Greg_:

Hi there,

In my EA, i look for some signals based in external indicators i call with "iCustoms". The issue is that i call like 50 times the indicator and although they have some different settings, there is maybe 10 unique iCustoms.

So my idea to speed it up would be to first store the 10 iCustoms in some variable and then use the variable in my signal search.

Would that speed up the process ? (i guess so, or maybe MT4 holds the figure in memory and dont recalculate it each time when the settings are the same?-)

Any idea?

Thanks
Greg

Why not ? Let us know the results when you tried.

So, basically it is like using Array.

Greg_:(i guess so, or maybe MT4 holds the figure in memory and dont recalculate it each time when the settings are the same?-)

If the settings are the same, what's the point of calling it multiple times? It will always be the same value (that tick.)

Ok thanks, i'll try replace it by variables.

@WHRoeder : it's because it looks for patterns and have like 10 of them which use multiple iCustom. They are often the same between the patterns.