severals terminals same EA questions

hello, I have several open terminals in a same machine (with different accounts) and one EA.
The problem I have is that I want to update the EA, I have to go to each folder to update each terminal can be done differently to update at once?
the other question I have is if I change some property of EA want to spread to all terminals, is this possible?

thank you very much

sergio

serdan:

The problem I have is that I want to update the EA, I have to go to each folder to update each terminal can be done differently to update at once?

no

the other question I have is if I change some property of EA want to spread to all terminals, is this possible?

you have to make the changes for each one separately

You could code an EA to access a file periodically and use settings from the file. Then you make a controller script that writes to the file when you want to change all the EA settings. I have never done that but I dont see why it wouldnt work. They would probably have to not be input variables any more though, change them from inputs to statics and it should work.

SDC:

You could code an EA to access a file periodically and use settings from the file. Then you make a controller script that writes to the file when you want to change all the EA settings. I have never done that but I dont see why it wouldnt work. They would probably have to not be input variables any more though, change them from inputs to statics and it should work.

Yes. That is correct. Write to one file, read by many.

Actually after thinking about it some more you could keep the regular inputs, as long as you have internal static variables that take their values from the inputs before they are used for anything. You could use the file to change those internal values conditionally.

thanks for the suggestions, what a shame that you can not do much.
one of the issues that I have is that for example I have a variable that leaves open positions according to the setpoint, but the EA still working closing positions...

You can code it to do pretty much anything you want if you think about it for long enough.

SDC:
You can code it to do pretty much anything you want if you think about it for long enough.
Yes, the limit is only your imagination.