b610's editor, compiling an EA with includes and the errors and warnings.

Hi,

it is a bit confusing, it is doomed to fail and it would be very nice if this would not happen!

I compile an EA which has some includes. There are already opened in the same editor. Now I see the errors and warnings.

If I (double-?) click on one of them the cursor is placed right where the error is - BUT, if the error or warning is in one of the includes,

this add. include file is opened a second time and if I change one I have two different versions of this file opened.

It would be nice (and necessary) if the editor would recognise that the file is already opened in the editor and would place the cursor in this tab-window and not in a new one.

Gooly

gooly:

Hi,

it is a bit confusing, it is doomed to fail and it would be very nice if this would not happen!

I compile an EA which has some includes. There are already opened in the same editor. Now I see the errors and warnings.

If I (double-?) click on one of them the cursor is placed right where the error is - BUT, if the error or warning is in one of the includes,

this add. include file is opened a second time and if I change one I have two different versions of this file opened.

It would be nice (and necessary) if the editor would recognise that the file is already opened in the editor and would place the cursor in this tab-window and not in a new one.

Gooly

Compile your .mqh file before including it.

gooly:

Hi,

Gooly

Weird, I have been using #include a lot, but I have never seen such a glitch. Do you perhaps use data folder within Program Files?.

Ovo:
Weird, I have been using #include a lot, but I have never seen such a glitch. Do you perhaps use data folder within Program Files?.

Well the include files are in \MQL4\Include and the EA in MQL4\Expert.

It could be that I opened all the files (mqh and mq4) and then I compiled and then the include-file is opened a second time

Reason: