comparing indices

Charting currency pairs is standard. When dealing with indices each index is charted against TIME. Is it possible to chart one index against another eg CAC/DAX. These two indices move together very closely and it is possible to trade any disparity, but not when this disparity is not clearly visible. Perhaps there is an indicator/template that shows visibly this separation. Any suggestions please?

smw10

smw10:

Charting currency pairs is standard. When dealing with indices each index is charted against TIME. Is it possible to chart one index against another eg CAC/DAX. These two indices move together very closely and it is possible to trade any disparity, but not when this disparity is not clearly visible. Perhaps there is an indicator/template that shows visibly this separation. Any suggestions please?

smw10

Are you suggesting you want a Price vs Price chart ? I don't think you do . . .

1. Is it possible to chart one index against another
    In a indicator, separate window - easy
  2. In a indicator, as overlay, in the same window and the values are similar, get the value(s) for the other pair/index/... and draw your line/histogram - easy
  3. In a indicator, as overlay, non-similiar values, you'll have to map them to the chart scale and only display the visible values - harder.
  4. In a EA, as overlay, see my Polyline code #2, #3 apply.
  5. these two indices move together very closely and it is possible to trade any disparity
    If you are only concerned with the differences. Create a MACD equivalent.

RaptorUK:

RaptorUK:

I think that is exactly what I need. If the indices were in perfect unison it would be a straight line. Any disparity from this would show when and which index is out of line giving a "catch up" trade.

smw10:
I think that is exactly what I need. If the indices were in perfect unison it would be a straight line. Any disparity from this would show when and which index is out of line giving a "catch up" trade.
OK, you can't do it on MT4, the X axis is time . . .