weird strategy tester results - page 2

RaptorUK:
And you then connected to your Broker who promptly overwrote some of your newly created data ?

oh... yes... I wil try again staying disconnected

prupru: There aren't any if I am clicking in the right place.
On the headers

well, did everything as described here

http://alansforexblog.com/2010/02/10/how-to-set-up-metatrader-history-data-and-get-90-backtesting-quality/

and i got 89,56% modelling quality, but the wrong comission is still there

WHRoeder:
On the headers

here?

apparently only in the Trade tab, not in the tester.

I found out that MT4 stores lots of data including hittory in AppData->Local->VirtualStore, so I removed all of it, reinstalled MT4, and now at last the commission is 0.

But is it ok to be 0? What commission do you have while backtesting?

And sorry WHRoeder, I am too tired or maybe too dumb but I failed finding how to turn on commission coloumn. I will try tommorow, after I get some sleep.

prupru:

I found out that MT4 stores lots of data including hittory in AppData->Local->VirtualStore, so I removed all of it, reinstalled MT4, and now at last the commission is 0.

But is it ok to be 0? What commission do you have while backtesting?

And sorry WHRoeder, I am too tired or maybe too dumb but I failed finding how to turn on commission coloumn. I will try tommorow, after I get some sleep.

Does your Broker charge Commision ? or just the Spread ? if it's just the Spread then it's correct for the Commission to be zero . .

RaptorUK:
Does your Broker charge Commision ? or just the Spread ? if it's just the Spread then it's correct for the Commission to be zero . .

yes, he does charge commission. The thing is that I run backtest without connecting to broker not to loose my historical data, can this be the reason of 0 commission?

well, I tried to run a test on a clean-installed terminal, it has 0 commissions and strange minimal lot which is MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED)

then I connect to a server and I get wild commissions but normal minimal lot

I am stuck with that at the moment

prupru:

well, I tried to run a test on a clean-installed terminal, it has 0 commissions and strange minimal lot which is MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED)

then I connect to a server and I get wild commissions but normal minimal lot

I am stuck with that at the moment

Talk to your Broker, some have been known to cock up the settings for some symbols. As long as you connected your Broker on your new Terminal installation and then went offline you should be OK.