What is the aim of Offline charts?

Hi,

could you tell me please, what is the difference between offline charts and live charts? I didn't found too much info about that. What they were designed for?.

Which situation i would like to use them?.

Best.

I have no idea what it aimed originally. But it is heavily used for custom candle charting.

There is an option in chart properties to mark the chart online/offline. Although I have been using the MT4 for years, I never actually found out what this option was for (except for running into troubles).

Creating custom charts - Custom time frames (10 minutes,) custom time zones (GMT instead of broker,) Renko bars (normal or mean,) Constant Range Bars (including atr bars,) equivolume (tick), KAGI, point and figure, Auto Heiken Channels, "Free-of-Holes" Charts - MQL4 Articles, even synthetic pairs not provided by the broker (e.g. USDDKK = EURDKK / EURUSD)

Thank you WHRRoeder,

It seems they are for backtesting purposes, backtest almost everything, isn't it?. what is the relationship between online charts?, i mean, what about historical data?, offline and online charts, do they share the same historical data?.

1. What part of "Creating custom charts" was unclear? Did you bother to click on the links provided? Backtesting is irrelevant.
  2. Depends on how you created them. Most are created by a generator running on a live M1 (and thus update in real time.)