NEWBIE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can an EA take info from a different platform?

Dear All,

I guess this must be a silly question but I haven't found a final answer to it so there I go. I want to develop an EA gathering info about my orders in a MT4 platform (this one is easy) so that all relevant info (open Price, SL, TP, symbol) is exported to an external file. My question is: can I develop another EA reading that info from the external file to replicate that same order in a second MT4 platform? Both platforms would be in the same computer.

Thank you very much in advance.

landmeister: I guess this must be a silly question but I haven't found a final answer to it so there I go. I want to develop an EA gathering info about my orders in a MT4 platform (this one is easy) so that all relevant info (open Price, SL, TP, symbol) is exported to an external file. My question is: can I develop another EA reading that info from the external file to replicate that same order in a second MT4 platform? Both platforms would be in the same computer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yeah it can be done. You'll have to use a .dll. If you search the forum, there'll be allot of example on sharing files with different instances of the platform. NamePipes is one of those which comes to mind. If you want someone to write an example then make a request here, and they'll gladly help you.

I'll give it a try. Thank you very much. ;)

useful post..really help full..thank you

another option is using a named pipe. search for that on this site.

hhmmppff