Metatrader closes itself?

This morning when I checked the operation of an EA running on a laptop computer, I found that MetaTrader was closed. I don't mean that a trade was closed; I mean the MetaTrader software was closed, as though the computer had re-booted. However, the computer had remained on all night, as there was no power interruption. I checked the build, and it had not updated during the night. I checked Windows Update, and it had not updated during the night. What could cause MetaTrader to close itself?

Savant: What could cause MetaTrader to close itself?
  1. Mis-click on the close button
  2. EA posting a close message.
  3. Ran out of disk space while updating history
  4. Ran out of ram (My Win7 machine was intermittently doing that 7GB page file)
  5. Hardware is getting glitchy (My Win7 machine never crashed but pressing any key caused firefox/thunderbird to crash but not any other programs, e.g. notepad)
  6. Alpha particle change a bit in ram.
  7. How do you know "there was no power interruption?" Could have messed things up but not enough to crash the cpu and reboot.
  8. How should we know? God it not here. Maybe ask the other guy or Murphy.

Savant:
This morning when I checked the operation of an EA running on a laptop computer, I found that MetaTrader was closed. I don't mean that a trade was closed; I mean the MetaTrader software was closed, as though the computer had re-booted. However, the computer had remained on all night, as there was no power interruption. I checked the build, and it had not updated during the night. I checked Windows Update, and it had not updated during the night. What could cause MetaTrader to close itself?
Check the Windows event logs, they might give you a clue, check the MT4 logs, expert and terminal logs. You have to do the detective work . . .