TRENDS AND CYCLES

My name is Makinde lt and I would like to direct this question to the Forex gurus out there.

I have been in the spot market trade now for over half a decade and heard so much been touted about trends, but nobody seems to be saying the market could be anywhere cyclic. May I ask why this so please?

I'm no forex guru, however I agree with your general premise. Allot is touted about trends but when it comes to strictly_defining and testing_it, most trend_supporters starts back-pedaling into subjectiveness. Cycles have been mentioned quite allot, however, trend_followers seems to shout the loudest. If someone's telling everyone else that only following the trend is the key to success. Then I think asking them what a trend_is should be a fair question.

When I was a newbie, one of my first forex video tutorial, the presenter showed a chart of gbpusd and pointed that the gbpusd had stayed in a 20_year_range. The support and resistance levels was clearly shown on that weekly_chart, he also pointed out that someone of this knowledge could have become a billionaire 100_times over trading that range. The lesson I learned from that is one_man's range||cycle is another mans trend and vice-versa.

I generally do-not promote one methodology over another because (imo) they're usually both sides of the same coin.

ubzen:

I'm no forex guru, however I agree with your general premise. Allot is touted about trends but when it comes to strictly_defining and testing_it, most trend_supporters starts back-pedaling into subjectiveness. Cycles have been mentioned quite allot, however, trend_followers seems to shout the loudest. If someone's telling everyone else that only following the trend is the key to success. Then I think asking them what a trend_is should be a fair question.

When I was a newbie, one of my first forex video tutorial, the presenter showed a chart of gbpusd and pointed that the gbpusd had stayed in a 20_year_range. The support and resistance levels was clearly shown on that weekly_chart, he also pointed out that someone of this knowledge could have become a billionaire 100_times over trading that range. The lesson I learned from that is one_man's range||cycle is another mans trend and vice-versa.

I generally do-not promote one methodology over another because (imo) they're usually both sides of the same coin.

THANKS A LOT. It took me a long time to actually make a distinction between the two but after much tinkering, (analyzing each time frame one after the other, i/e from 1 min to one month) I finally,finally found the CYCLE, tested it and found it to be A BETTER OPTION to the trending idea the Spot market movement is cyclic. (IT IS A MUST TRY FOR ANY TRADER WHO IS STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD WAY TO TRADE.

I have checked it out and its actually working. 100% and I am not saying that lightly

BEST REGARDS

LTM

when you say cyclic what kind of timeframe are you talking about ?

SDC:

when you say cyclic what kind of timeframe are you talking about ?

4HOURS. The spot market movement is actually linear . The trend as they say, is seamless, from my observations a trend takes off on the min, EVERY HOUR of the day, gets hi on the hour, the gets hi on 4hrs which in turn gets hi on the day and returns to ('zero ') which was its last starting point. If u check the trend on the day, u will discover that it is in blocks of 4hrs ditto for the wk & month

I just saw this in a mql5 article i was reading I am still trying to make sense of the math (a wiki article about complex number theory just made matters worse)